Entrepreneur or a bit of a scallywag?

I stumbled upon this report of a schoolboy being threatened with suspension from school for selling sweets to his mates.....

What do you think?.....Personally I admire him....he seems to have his head screwed on....Not strictly in line with the policy of the school, but hey ho...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/school-threatens-suspend-15-year-old-schoolboy-8145294?ICID=FB-MEN-main

absolutely brilliant and should be encouraged! given a school prize infact! as long as he isn't dong anything illegal then that's great, unfortunately the ban is another example of PC bullying, inclusivity, fairness and the nanny state policies. schools dont like winners nowadays they want level playing fields no competition ....unfortunately real life is not like that.

Bit of both kinda, but not really.

Kids like to eat sweets and drink 'orrid fizzy drinks - it's what kids do.

The school seems to have created a market for such a trade, this kids stepped in and filled it.

At least he's putting the money away for something decent.

I have no problem with it as such but if it's against school rules then it's against school rules.

I don't understand the attitude these days where people think it's OK to ignore school rules because well it's only school. Doesn't teach kids much about when they actually get out into the real world and they think it's OK to ignore rules does it?

Entrepreneurism should be encouraged, no doubt the teachers are jealous of people who showed their own initiative and making money in their own right instead of relying on the state for a living.

Bit of both kinda, but not really.

Kids like to eat sweets and drink 'orrid fizzy drinks - it's what kids do.

The school seems to have created a market for such a trade, this kids stepped in and filled it.

At least he's putting the money away for something decent.

yep...I think you've hit the nail on the head there....If there's a gap in the market, someone will fill it....

I remember when I was a kid there was always a 'tuck shop' where you could buy sweets and Jammie Dodgers and Waggon Wheels and stuff like that....it never did me any harm...Did it?

---------- Post added 21-11-2014 at 13:38 ----------

I have no problem with it as such but if it's against school rules then it's against school rules.

I don't understand the attitude these days where people think it's OK to ignore school rules because well it's only school. Doesn't teach kids much about when they actually get out into the real world and they think it's OK to ignore rules does it?

Well...yes I see your point about it being against school rules....But I assume they can't enforce the healthy eating policy?...If a kid comes to school with a lunchbox crammed full of chocolates and sweet....do they have the right to take it away?....I suspect not....

As for learning what it's like in the 'real' world, I would say the lad is well prepared for that!

absolutely brilliant and should be encouraged! given a school prize infact! as long as he isn't dong anything illegal then that's great, unfortunately the ban is another example of PC bullying, inclusivity, fairness and the nanny state policies. schools dont like winners nowadays they want level playing fields no competition ....unfortunately real life is not like that.

What has this got to do with PC bullying? Please explain. Also, can you explain why you think this is a nanny state policy. Has the state intervened in this situation?

Entrepreneurism should be encouraged, no doubt the teachers are jealous of people who showed their own initiative and making money in their own right instead of relying on the state for a living.

Do you just go on to threads and say stupid things? I would think you were trolling but you genuinely believe that in the next 20 years, England will have ceased to exist and that we will be 12 different countries.

yep...I think you've hit the nail on the head there....If there's a gap in the market, someone will fill it....

I remember when I was a kid there was always a 'tuck shop' where you could buy sweets and Jammie Dodgers and Waggon Wheels and stuff like that....it never did me any harm...Did it?

---------- Post added 21-11-2014 at 13:38 ----------

Well...yes I see your point about it being against school rules....But I assume they can't enforce the healthy eating policy?...If a kid comes to school with a lunchbox crammed full of chocolates and sweet....do they have the right to take it away?....I suspect not....

As for learning what it's like in the 'real' world, I would say the lad is well prepared for that!

They can enforce the healthy eating policy. They would have the right to take the lunchbox away and return it at the end of the day.

and deny the kid a meal??

What has this got to do with PC bullying? Please explain. Also, can you explain why you think this is a nanny state policy. Has the state intervened in this situation?

Do you just go on to threads and say stupid things? I would think you were trolling but you genuinely believe that in the next 20 years, England will have ceased to exist and that we will be 12 different countries.

They can enforce the healthy eating policy. They would have the right to take the lunchbox away and return it at the end of the day.

Well put it like this...If they took my kids lunch away from him/her because they 'deemed' it unhealthy, no matter what it contained, they'd have me there the next day asking some very awkward questions!!!!

i mean its likely a schools policies of total inclusion, bullying anyone or anything that doesn't fit that to conform and to ensure that no pupil is seen better or more successful than the weaker ones.

i didnt say the state intervened but overall policy is from the state.

as i said the lad should be encouraged not punished.....another problem with British society today:roll:

If this kid was 10 years older and selling weed, the freemarketeers wouldn't be so keen to praise his entrepeneurial skills.

If this kid was 10 years older and selling weed, the freemarketeers wouldn't be so keen to praise his entrepeneurial skills.

Oh dear god where did that one come from:roll::roll::roll:, but now you mention it there are plenty on here that would applaud that also?????