Religion on tv ?

what are your opinions on religion on tv ? i came accross the new tv channel which Jehovahs witness have launched , opinions ?

http://www.tv.jw.org

I have hundreds of channels and I still watch stuff on the internet more often than any of them. Have as many channels as you like!

I don't understand this thread, there are quite a number of religious channels on tv already.

I don't understand this thread, there are quite a number of religious channels on tv already.

The clue is in the username ;)

There's more none religious programmes on TV.

Whilst they should be permitted to broadcast, it shouldn't be until after the watershed.

We already have enough children that believe the Abrahamic stories to be factual instead of myth, we can't have this number increasing.

Adults are mature enough to make up their own minds, children are easily fooled.

Whilst they should be permitted to broadcast, it shouldn't be until after the watershed.

We already have enough children that believe the Abrahamic stories to be factual instead of myth, we can't have this number increasing.

Adults are mature enough to make up their own minds, children are easily fooled.

It costs over £300 for a LEGO version of the Death Star. You sure it's just children that are easily fooled??

I cant even get the Sheffield channel so good luck to the JW's. They do a sterling effort and are great people but I don't follow their views. I sometimes have a chat with them and accept the Watch Tower magazine for a flick through. I'm not sure if they have a website so they wont need the magazine soon just a postcard with the web address and TV channel number.

what are your opinions on religion on tv ? i came accross the new tv channel which Jehovahs witness have launched , opinions ?

http://www.tv.jw.org

I'm hardly the biggest fan of religions but I don't have a problem with them having their own channels. It's not like it can have any worse an effect than the rest of the crap that litters our screens these days since the advent of 'reality' TV shows and talent shows.

I cant even get the Sheffield channel so good luck to the JW's. They do a sterling effort and are great people but I don't follow their views. I sometimes have a chat with them and accept the Watch Tower magazine for a flick through. I'm not sure if they have a website so they wont need the magazine soon just a postcard with the web address and TV channel number.

http://www.jw.org is the website any more info pm me :)

It's a member of the Jehovah's witness's using this website for free advertising.

They are aware as you are that there are plenty of religious channels on tv these days, but they've chosen (dishonestly) to pretend that they're not aware so as to attempt to start a discussion of their new tv channel.

Obviously it's pretty dodgy because Christians aren't supposed to be deceptive like that but hey, whatever gets bums on chairs in their churches.

I know and have taught a number of JWs, (some of them lovely people, some not), but a Jehovah's Witness TV channel sounds about as much fun as watching mud set.