Entrepreneur or a bit of a scallywag?

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 13:56 ----------

Sorry, I can't make much sense of your rambling, unhelpfully punctuated post.

i have tried my best to edit the punctuation ! hopefully you can De-cypher it now, was never really that good at school too busy working and earning money :thumbsup:

Edited by PeteMorris
Fixed quotes

Sorry, I can't make much sense of your rambling, unhelpfully punctuated post.

I can't see what you don't understand about the post. Ok, it's probably not grammatically precise or punctuated as maybe it should, but we're not here to criticise bad grammar or punctuation (are we? :confused: )

I think it's the question about Richard Branson, he/she would like you to answer. Although personally, I don't think it has a whole lot of bearing on the subject, apart from the fact he left school at 16.

(From Wikipedia) Branson has dyslexia and had poor academic performance as a student, and on his last day at school, his headmaster, Robert Drayson, told him he would either end up in prison or become a millionaire.[9]

I still don't see what's soooo wrong. In my day, scallywags (bullies) would rob the kids of their dinner money...or even steal their sandwiches, and I'm pretty sure this behaviour hasn't suddenly stopped.

Many schools now use biometrics and parents top up their children's accounts online. No need for students to carry cash any more as they "pay" for their lunch by pressing their thumb onto a pad. Some of the better systems also allow for parents to check what their children have been eating. For example, I can see my daughter has had pasta for lunch today, so we can cook a different evening meal.

Many schools now use biometrics and parents top up their children's accounts online. No need for students to carry cash any more as they "pay" for their lunch by pressing their thumb onto a pad. Some of the better systems also allow for parents to check what their children have been eating. For example, I can see my daughter has had pasta for lunch today, so we can cook a different evening meal.

That may well be true (not been there for a long time :) ), and no doubt is a useful addition to stopping bullies robbing money off kids. But it doesn't mean kids won't have any money....merely that parents 'pay' for lunches etc.

How would you know she 'actually' ate the pasta?...yes she might have ordered it....But if it was not nice, or she didn't feel like it, it could end up in the bin.

It really is turning into a nanny state....even checking on what your kids have in the school canteen.... I'm not getting at you personally, I just think it's a sad reflection on society...Kids can't play out freely any more...you can't take a camera to sports day.......etc...etc...

I wonder if this kid will end up being a ticket tout?

I wonder if this kid will end up being a ticket tout?

Maybe?? there's plenty of good money in that business and its a market unlikely to fade, there will always be someone willing to sell a ticket and there will always be someone to buy at a higher price, simple economics! it works:thumbsup:

I can't see what you don't understand about the post. Ok, it's probably not grammatically precise or punctuated as maybe it should, but we're not here to criticise bad grammar or punctuation (are we? :confused: )

I think it's the question about Richard Branson, he/she would like you to answer. Although personally, I don't think it has a whole lot of bearing on the subject, apart from the fact he left school at 16.

I have no view about Richard Branson. I prefer to base my comments on situations I've had direct experience of, and ideas which I have thought through.

I have no view about Richard Branson. I prefer to base my comments on situations I've had direct experience of, and ideas which I have thought through.

Interesting that:suspect::suspect: Sir Richard Branson openly admits to breaking rules and laws when he started out in the record business to get things done and has continued to shall we say push the boundaries! and for that he was made a Sir and continues to be the darling of British business to some extent! and jolly good luck to him.........but i guess you probably knew that anyway?:rolleyes: sorry if punctuation is a bit iffy but i think you get the gist?

He's flogging a bottle of Lucozade for £815.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-tommie-rose-ebay-lucozade-8160890

The world's gone mad. You can get a big bottle of Lucozade for less than two quid!

Signed by a celeb?...hahaha....Ummm....is he a celeb?

I think it shows initiative. So many kids just spend their school days doing exactly what they are told and going through the motions, meanwhile this lad has spotted a nice little earner and is filling his boots. I guarantee you he will turn out better in life his classmates who just do as they are told and rely on their parents for cash.

Signed by a celeb?...hahaha....Ummm....is he a celeb?

It's now thirteen hundred quid Pete. I reckon ab6262, HH or Desmundo are keen on this bottle of Lucozade!

Edited by Stan Tamudo