Do we still buy fresh, decorated, Holly wreaths?

I'm an out of work florist, and last year I made 20 wreaths to sell at craft fares, but I only sold half of them. So, needless to say, I'm not making any this year as I don't really have the time and money to waste.

Do you buy a wreath for your front door? I'm making one to put on mine and I have no doubt it'll be beautiful, but I don't see many people with wreaths on their doors.

Thoughts?

What about advertising / word-of-mouth / sending out fliers, and just making them to order?

I thought about that, but I didn't want to buy fliers if there really isn't a market for it. It's too late now, but I might give it all another go next year.

I'm an out of work florist, and last year I made 20 wreaths to sell at craft fares, but I only sold half of them. So, needless to say, I'm not making any this year as I don't really have the time and money to waste.

Do you buy a wreath for your front door? I'm making one to put on mine and I have no doubt it'll be beautiful, but I don't see many people with wreaths on their doors.

Thoughts?

My door will have an own made, as it does every year,just thought i now have a new composite door how can i fix one without causing damage?

My door will have an own made, as it does every year,just thought i now have a new composite door how can i fix one without causing damage?

Most florists sell wreath fixers, which people then fix on the inside of the door and then over the top, or through the letter box. I tie mine on the knocker with string.

Hi

I didn't buy one last year because I couldn't see any anywhere that I liked, but I have done in previous years and would do again if I could find one that I liked.

---------- Post added 22-11-2014 at 17:36 ----------

I have a wreath hanger, which fits over the top of the door and has a large hook on the front which supports the wreath. As long as there's enough clearance between the door and the frame for it to fit then that sort of thing is a good solution.

Can I ask which ones you like? I like ones with cinnamon sticks, oranges, pine cones and a tartan bow, but my husband likes them more sparkly with baubles etc, so I made half and half. My ex boss used to get annoyed with me for only making natural looking ones, I since learnt that it's probably best to make what customers want rather than what I like.

I detest the spangly ones with plastic flowers or fruit and glitter. I like holly, heather, box or hellebore, orange slices, nice ribbon and cones, but I can cope with the occasional small glass bauble if it's in an appropriate colour. In my opinion Christmas wreaths aren't meant to be bright pink or plastic.

I detest the spangly ones with plastic flowers or fruit and glitter. I like holly, heather, box or hellebore, orange slices, nice ribbon and cones, but I can cope with the occasional small glass bauble if it's in an appropriate colour. In my opinion Christmas wreaths aren't meant to be bright pink or plastic.

:thumbsup: agreed! It's a shame you didn't come across my wreaths last year, it sounds like you like the ones that I like

Im not into this kind of stuff but I used to go out with a lass who was well into this making & selling homemade crafting stuff. She did the Christmas fairs and did quiet well, She was selling Wreath's, tree decorations and loads of other decorations. (to be fair I underestimated just how popular this kind of stuff was)

I suggested setting Up a FB page to sell her stuff aswell.

Have you thought about setting one up? you could even offer ''customer designed'' ones. Im sure that people would go for that... I,e Medusa could have the perfect item to her / his taste.

Thank you for the advice, I think I will try that next year :)