LandRover Defender300TDi(1996) or BMW1200GSAdventure motorbike(2006)?

Land Rover or BMW Adv MB?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Land Rover or BMW Adv MB?

• Land Rover Defender 4x4 car
    • BMW 1200GS adventure motorbike

Thanks for the heads up, a few things their I wouldn't have taken a closer look at. Great info.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 13:24 ----------

It really depends on what you want to do, doesn't it? Travelling around Europe in a Defender is probably the worst plan ever, however if you are aiming to do some off-road courses than I wouldn't like to be on the BMW.

Yes European tourings on the agenda, but not a great deal.

My thoughts on these was hiring a bike as and when if I got the landy.

have you rode a 1200GS? i had one for a summer a few yrs ago. (mate went out of the country for a few months, gave me his bike) i HATED it. far too tall. far too heavy. bars were far too high and gave me shoulder ache having to hold my elbows up. it dipped to 1 side everytime you revved it. front suspension is just plain weird. it sounded good as he had some expensive exhaust (cant remember the name) imported from germany. the build quality was worse than the bandit 12 i had at the time. corrosion everywhere.

Landy first choice. I have an ex=MOD 300TDI (2nd one. The first one was nicked in Sheffield ). Love it. Great fun driving. Should last a life time. If you do go for one-go to Peter Blanchard's near Hull . He does ex-MOD Land Rovers upgraded at reasonable prices.

If you do go for a Landy-make it secure. They are highly desirable to car thieves.

As it is such a Small amount . it doesnt sound like you are well off! why do you think you have to spend it? save it for a rainy day? towards a mortgage deposit?

Being a biker my heart says BMW, but I've always wanted a Defender so that got my vote!

Thank you all great replies, looks like the landies a goer.