Vitamin B12 deficiency

i have been made an appointment to see my nurse for vitamin b12 injections, i am under my doctors as i am having some really bad problems with my knees, so after some xrays, he has done some blood tests, then i got a letter from the nurses about the injections, on sunday when up to the co operative as my arm had gone numb and i was getting pins and needles in my arm, neck and face, which i am still getting.

can anyone with the same problems please share their experiences with me

Hello :-)

I'm on the B12 jabs, one every 3 months or there about. My reasons are different, chrons disease (had an op and lost the ability to absorb it properly).

I have never had the things you describe, i often go hyper for a day or so after the jab and thats about it. I do get rather tired when I am coming to the end of a jab - apparently!

Hope you find out what's up :-)

My friend's husband who has bowel cancer has been having B12 injections as part of his treatment.

i havent noticed me getting tired, i am cold alot, with swelling in my knees and one of my knuckles with alot of pain and stiffiness.

but the pain and needles are a new thing started on wednesday last week, and anti inflammatory tablets arent working.

i am also very irritable, my partner keeps asking me if i am due on what with me snapping all the time.

well i am at the doctors today, so should find out more

I suffer with it during pregnancy usually. I was on the b12 for a while but it gave me stomach ache and left me stuck to the loo all the time. I'm just trying to get through it by eating more greens/cereals etc

I suffer with it during pregnancy usually. I was on the b12 for a while but it gave me stomach ache and left me stuck to the loo all the time. I'm just trying to get through it by eating more greens/cereals etc

i eat plenty of greens, diary and meat products, and i eat cereal so i cant understand why i am needing vitamin b12 injections

some people just have issues absorbing it

thought i would update, i have got pernicious anemia and i had my first injection yesterday with another 5 in the next 2 weeks, followed by 2 more in the 3rd week and one in the 4th week and every 3 months after that.however i have spoken to my gp yesterday and i will be trained up to self adminstered myself with the injections, which i am willing to do with my daughter been a insulin dependent diabetic.

was fine yesterday till 4pm till i started going down hill again, was absolutely freezing, heating on full with my dressing gown over my clothes just to try and get warm.

when to bed and woke up this morning with a swollen lip with cold sore, banging headache, ulcers and blisters in the roof of my mouth, and no energy what so ever,and feeling like death warmed up.

im so looking forward to the next one on tuesday

At least you now know that you have a disease which is thoroughly controllable, and should present no symptoms at all once the first course of injections is completed.

In the absence of the injections, though, it is inevitably fatal. Don't start thinking you might manage without them. ;)

At least you now know that you have a disease which is thoroughly controllable, and should present no symptoms at all once the first course of injections is completed.

In the absence of the injections, though, it is inevitably fatal. Don't start thinking you might manage without them. ;)

i know i am going to need these injections for the rest of my life.

but thank you so much for your advice heyesey