Does anyone else have an unusual streaming cold?

UNusual strain going around this winter - nnose streaming like a tap for 3 days and sinus very tickly with sneezing , is this weird? PS I haven,t had the cold and flu shot, was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience ?

Try an antihistamine

That's for hay fever. You don't get that in winter

That's for hay fever. You don't get that in winter

I know, but I always find when I have a cold they always help the nose. That's why I suggested it to the OP!

Antihistamines arent just for hayfever, you can take them for a wide range of allergies.

There seems to be a public lack of knowledge about the nature of allergies, etc and just howe severe, varied, and numerous they can be, I have had similar symptoms, especially the sneezing.

I had something similar a few years ago it was odd. I did take some antihistamines and they did help. they are cheap and you wouldnt have much to lose for trying. It went during the day and then would occur the following day so I eliminated a cold. Have a chat with the chemist.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/antihistamines/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Could be allergic rhinitis, you could have become allergic to something like pets or dust mites?

I did have a cold recently though which affected my nose, for nearly three weeks. Either that, or it was two different colds in quick succession. My nose was either running, or continually blocked, no matter how many times I cleared it, the mucus returned immediately :gag:

UNusual strain going around this winter - nnose streaming like a tap for 3 days and sinus very tickly with sneezing , is this weird? PS I haven,t had the cold and flu shot, was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience ?

This seems to be going around and develops after a couple of days into flu like symptoms, My son and I both had it. I took antihistamines and found they did help with the runny nose.