Should The Queen Retire?

Should The Queen Resign?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Queen Resign?

Well, seeing as the Pope resigned due to old ill health, and seeing as he is of far greater magnitude compared to national monarchies.

And also seeing as our Queen has been ill and in hospital frequently lately, should she just step down and let the young guns take charge.

Should we have to wait till she pops her diamond encrusted clogs before we have another successor?

Kings and Queen of England should never resign. This is England, and not to be compared with lesser countries and institutions.

If she wants to keep going till she delicately expires that's fair enough by me. Not sure it really matters a great deal really.

Depends on whether you think she's Queen by Divine right, ie. placed on the throne by God.

She thinks so, which is why she can't retire.

Personally I think she should retire, she's done her stint, but it weakens the monarchy. And, more importantly, their argument for being there at all.

Depends on whether you think she's Queen by Divine right, ie. placed on the throne by God.

She thinks so, which is why she can't retire.

Personally I think she should retire, she's done her stint, but it weakens the monarchy. And, more importantly, their argument for being there at all.

Have a look at the events of Jan 30th 1649.

The last time she was in hospital was 10 yrs ago for a knee op .She has the constitution of an Ox for someone in their later years .I think she is marvelous she puts many younger people to shame with her work ethic .

Kings and Queen of England should never resign. This is England, and not to be compared with lesser countries and institutions.

Agreed. We're the only ones who do the monarchy thing right. Always have, always will. It's one of the only things that we're still best in the world at!

I'm not sure she can legally just resign...

I think she would have to ask Parliament, and they'd have to pass a specific law allowing her to abdicate. I don't think they'd say no to be honest if she did ask though, as the constitutional problems caused by her effectively 'going on strike' would be pretty substantial :hihi:

Imagine if she did go on strike, the trade unions would hang themselves!

They all should.

With someone of your choice carrying out Royal duties,i think not.:shakes:;)