Is it illegal for a British citizen living in uk to support ISIS?

I am not an expert on law by any stretch of the imagination but would think that the answer to my question is yes. Anyone know for sure?

When you say support, what sort of support.

Glorifying jihadis and promoting extreme Isis ideology both online and directly.

Glorifying jihadis and promoting extreme Isis ideology both online and directly.

out of curiosity why would you ask?

^^^^

100% this

Well, on Tuesday morning there is going to be much banging, loudly on doors in the small hours I would say.

Tomorrow night, Channel 4 will broadcast an undercover investigation which has uncovered some of the key British women who are supporting Isis – right here in the UK. Led by young British Muslim reporters, the production team managed, over 12-months, to infiltrate an inner circle of British women glorifying jihadis and promoting extreme Isis ideology both online and directly to women and young impressionable girls - often in the presence of very young children.

Captured before the deadly attacks in Paris, the undercover footage shows female Islamic State sympathisers in Britain who, in weekly two-hour lectures in London, are: using racially abusive language to describe Jews and Israelis, telling young Muslim women Britain is waging a war against them and urging them to abandon democracy and travel to Syria to join ISIS.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-investigation-uncovers-the-british-women-supporting-isis

Quote: Captured before the deadly attacks in Paris, the undercover footage shows female Islamic State sympathisers in Britain who, in weekly two-hour lectures in London, are: using racially abusive language to describe Jews and Israelis, telling young Muslim women Britain is waging a war against them and urging them to abandon democracy and travel to Syria to join ISIS.

If they do go then I think it's a security risk to allow them back, I wonder if Isis only want them for breeding purposes

Well, on Tuesday morning there is going to be much banging, loudly on doors in the small hours I would say.

Tomorrow night, Channel 4 will broadcast an undercover investigation which has uncovered some of the key British women who are supporting Isis – right here in the UK. Led by young British Muslim reporters, the production team managed, over 12-months, to infiltrate an inner circle of British women glorifying jihadis and promoting extreme Isis ideology both online and directly to women and young impressionable girls - often in the presence of very young children.

Captured before the deadly attacks in Paris, the undercover footage shows female Islamic State sympathisers in Britain who, in weekly two-hour lectures in London, are: using racially abusive language to describe Jews and Israelis, telling young Muslim women Britain is waging a war against them and urging them to abandon democracy and travel to Syria to join ISIS.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-investigation-uncovers-the-british-women-supporting-isis

wiil be interesting to know how this pans out after its aired ? gets popcorn ready:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I am not an expert on law by any stretch of the imagination but would think that the answer to my question is yes. Anyone know for sure?

Was it illegal to support the IRA?

It all depends how your support manifests itself.

Theres an offence of inciting racial hatred, but that has to include threats rather than mere insilts, ist quite difficult to prove.

Theres a whole raft of terorist offences they could be guilty of depending on what they did and what they ried to get other people to do.

The biggst offences look likely to be the urging others to commit acts of terrorism by leaving the country to join ISIS.

If it wasnt then it dam well should have been !

Same problem it depends what you mean by support. It has to be more than sympathising with.