Black Friday November 27th.

I visited Currys/PC World today as I am looking to purchase a new TV/Laptop. Normally it's quite busy on a Sunday, but today it seemed very quiet. Are people holding out for the big day? (see title)

Anyhow, it got me thinking...Is black Friday all it's cracked up to be? Has anyone on here bagged a few mega bargains in past events,and is it worth me waiting another month?

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Black Friday = time to sell stuff that is out of date or fashion at a cheap price because it wont sell otherwise. Never seen much that was worth buying at the last black Friday event in the UK.

Get a TV from Richer sounds, and at least it will come with a free 6 year guarantee.

I visited Currys/PC World today as I am looking to purchase a new TV/Laptop. Normally it's quite busy on a Sunday, but today it seemed very quiet. Are people holding out for the big day? (see title)

Anyhow, it got me thinking...Is black Friday all it's cracked up to be? Has anyone on here bagged a few mega bargains in past events,and is it worth me waiting another month?

No it isn't. I stayed up till stupid o'clock to try and get a cheap ps4 online and didn't - everyone's website crashed. Bigger stores are practically riots. Ambled into game in Worksop the following afternoon and picked up a decent deal.

From what I've read it's all hype - people fighting to get a rebranded crap big screen. One women came out from a tesco with a dyson she didn't need as she thought it was cheap. Buy now would be my advice.

If you were clever like me, you'd realise that a small, smart flat screen t.v. can easily double up as a laptop, saving you a fortune in the process.

I've gone one better now by precariously balancing fixing a soundbar onto the top of my 3d glasses for hi-fi quality email notifications on the 96inch laptop I bought last November 27th. :cool:

There were fights in Asda/Tesco last year over the cheap tellys.

Probably be the same again this year, the same folk coming back to buy another set as the last one only lasted 9 months :D:D:D

I remember the scenes of scrapping on TV last year....Then the people who thought they grabbed themselves a bargain tried to sell their rubbish on Ebay - only for no one else to be interested

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11266978/Black-Friday-shoppers-struggle-to-sell-TVs-on-eBay.html

Ha ha.

I remember the scenes of scrapping on TV last year....Then the people who thought they grabbed themselves a bargain tried to sell their rubbish on Ebay - only for no one else to be interested

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11266978/Black-Friday-shoppers-struggle-to-sell-TVs-on-eBay.html

Ha ha.

Oooh...Not liking the sound of those telly brands, are they manufactured by Bert n Geoff somewhere in Barnsley?:D

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 18:13 ----------

Black Friday = time to sell stuff that is out of date or fashion at a cheap price because it wont sell otherwise. Never seen much that was worth buying at the last black Friday event in the UK.

Get a TV from Richer sounds, and at least it will come with a free 6 year guarantee.

I read summat yesterday that said some stores bring in tat stock just for the day.

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 18:14 ----------

No it isn't. I stayed up till stupid o'clock to try and get a cheap ps4 online and didn't - everyone's website crashed. Bigger stores are practically riots. Ambled into game in Worksop the following afternoon and picked up a decent deal.

From what I've read it's all hype - people fighting to get a rebranded crap big screen. One women came out from a tesco with a dyson she didn't need as she thought it was cheap. Buy now would be my advice.

I'm hearing lessons have been learnt and that this year they're well prepared.

I wasn't going to shop in store, just on internet.

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 18:17 ----------

If you were clever like me, you'd realise that a small, smart flat screen t.v. can easily double up as a laptop, saving you a fortune in the process.

I've gone one better now by precariously balancing fixing a soundbar onto the top of my 3d glasses for hi-fi quality email notifications on the 96inch laptop I bought last November 27th. :cool:

I'm loving the 96inch laptop idea. Thinking how important I would look whilst travelling on the train to a meeting.:P

I'm loving the 96inch laptop idea. Thinking how important I would look whilst travelling on the train to a meeting.:P

I'd imagine most people would just faint out of sheer jealousy Mr.McWoods … it probably explains the reason why my girlfriend chucked me and my 96inch laptop out of the car whilst I was planning to see how good it was at route planning.

I guess she thought it could be pretty dangerous if she passed out behind the steering wheel. I'll let you know if that's the reason, if she ever gets back in touch.

I must admit though, these 96inch laptops are brilliant for virtually everything else … mine doubled up as an emergency wallpaper pasting table earlier today.

Jezza Kyle looks pretty handsome covered in anaglypta too! :thumbsup:

Oooh...Not liking the sound of those telly brands, are they manufactured by Bert n Geoff somewhere in Barnsley?:D

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 18:13 ----------

I read summat yesterday that said some stores bring in tat stock just for the day.

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 18:14 ----------

I'm hearing lessons have been learnt and that this year they're well prepared.

I wasn't going to shop in store, just on internet.

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 18:17 ----------

I hope they've learnt lessons with regards to website traffic. I was unable to get onto most companys Black Friday pages from midnight to around 3am. It was a waste of time. I'm not convinced it will be any different this time round.

If you must stay up clicking refresh ad infinitum Id have a look at the Black Friday deals pages a week or so in advance to make sure there's something staying up for.

I must admit to getting what I thought was a bargain but that was in the USA black Friday sales. I purchased a 1 year subscription on a VPN and Bittorrent proxy for half normal price, only $30 USD reduced from $60.

Hope they do the same again this year when my subscription runs out.

Black Friday events expose the falsism that western society is civilised.