Why did The Labour Party choose Jeremy Corbyn as leader?

What a sad creature..."a punt!?" I wonder what the "odds" are when and if a Brit pilot gets captured and the manner of how he dies...'in a cage dowsed in petrol' or 'head hacked off? Mind you, either way you'll be the first to get a front line seat to watch it on youtoob..

What we are in no doubt about to do plays right into the hands of IS, it's exactly what they want...and you are giving it to them. YOU are a supporter of IS, YOU are the enemy...but hey, what's it to you eh? nice and safe while others put their life on the line unnecessarily while you tinkle away.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with bookies offering 20:1 against Corbyn leading Labour to victory in the general election. But I suppose if you are desperate and it is all you've got.

By the way what do you think of the odds of 20:1? You could stick £50 on him and walk away with a grand if you are as confident of your man as you keep claiming.

Yeah, we have already established what Eric thinks..he is more than happy to send people into war, if it doesnt involve HIM getting a uniform on..whilst he belittles other people for not wanting to fight... hypocrite of the first order. and when you point it out, the toys get thrown out of the pram, and he makes silly accusations about me wanting to close the thread down....amazing

You are making things up again. That is what YOU have wrongly concluded, not what I think.

We have two superpowers in there with more weapons than we can throw a stick at, what are our few planes going to do? and dont give me this rubbish about Brimstone missiles being that accurate and needed, we dont have boots on the ground, so we will be just bombing blindly.

If you think that there aren't already boots on the ground directing operations and gathering intelligence you're even less knowledgeable than we thought.

Edited by Eric Arthur

I used to vote Tory when I was in my early twenties. Bizarrely the more I grow up the more ideology led I became. For me, it's not about becoming more rich as a country, its about becoming more 'fair' and more 'equal' and I honestly believe Labour will do that, in if that means the average standard of living drops fractionally in the short-term to make things more equal, then I'd actually agree with that.

I don't hate the Tories and if I honestly thought they'd make the country fairer I would consider voting for them.

I fully respect your comment and indeed share your feelings about making the country fairer.

What I do not understand is how you come to the conclusion that the Labour party would achieve what we both seek.

Blair and Brown did nothing to address the polarization of the UK into London and financial services Versus the rest of the UK and manufacturing, with a very heavy or unfair biase towards London and F/S, no fairness there.

The Brown mantra of "no more boom and bust" and an overwhelming reliance on F/S actually led us into the biggest bust since 1929. There was no fairness here, all they did was support the corrupt banks and try to deny all knowledge.

In the current Tory party you have people who lived through and were mentored by Thatcher and her top people, they saw the strengths and weaknesses of her regime which I accept was divisive and confrontational,(with good cause given the opposition she faced from the left).

I believe Cameron and Osborne are one nation Tories. Who see fairness in giving people a fair chance, they have bashed the banks to the point where such as HSBC are considering leaving the UK, they have provided all workers with one of, if not the highest ,Minimum Wage in the developed world. Far above what Labour promised in their manifesto.

Thy are practical, when they came into power our biggest trading partner was Republic of Ireland! We now have excellent trading links with all the emerging economies notably China and India. One Million jobs created in the coalition period and another million to come by 2020.

The left disparage Osbornes idea of the Northern Powerhouse, they forget that it was the North that originally powered our nations prosperity and can do so again. No such initiative or dream was ever conjured up under Blair or Brown.

One day this Tory party will run out of steam, all governments do, when that happens please god we will have an opposition capable of properly running the country.

Until that time make the best of this one, and consider that fairness stems form prosperity, prosperity comes when we all work and contribute not when we whinge and expect others to create the wealth we require.

I see the boy jezza has said we should work for peace, and if he was PM he'd ask America and France to stop bombing Syria. He didn't mention whether he'd ask the yazidis or the Kurds what they'd think to everyone not bombing Isis but I'm sure that clarification is on the way.

Not entirely sure where you'd start a peace process with Isis - rape free Mondays? No burning or beheading on a weekend? I'm sure Mr Corbyn has some detailed files.

Here's your big mistake and the key point of difference. Our forces are willing to fight, they don't aim to die

Spoken like a true 'hero' :hihi:

If you can't stomach that you'll just have stand impotently and watch while the people who can stomach it look after your life for you. Your debate has ended because more responsible people have taken control of it

So by 'take control of it'

You mean choosing to go and murder innocent people in Syria

And spawn recruitment for ISIS on an unprecedented level

I take it?

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs

Never did understand this stupid saying

We do have a choice here.....

No-one is forced to make an omelette :nono:

We do have a choice here.....

Please go ahead and tell us about the choice. That's assuming we're talking about Syria and not referring to bacon sandwiches.

Please go ahead and tell us about the choice. That's assuming we're talking about Syria and not referring to bacon sandwiches.

stop funding Isis......

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

It wouldn't be an omelette. It'd be like the worst scrambled egg ever, mixed with sand and oil with all the shell left in it and burnt to a crisp. If we're lucky.

Edited by I1L2T3

stop funding Isis......

You're happy to see if IS runs out of money before they run out of Yazidis and Muslims to slaughter, rape, torture and enslave. Nice.

You're happy to see if IS runs out of money before they run out of Yazidis and Muslims to slaughter, rape, torture and enslave. Nice.

well...the Yanks have been sponsoring them for how long? and we all turn a blind eye to the Turks buying millions of barrels of stolen oil, to then sell on