Left shoulder pain

... seemingly there are 4 tendons in the shoulder which is called the rotor cuff, and it seems that you can damage them through regular / repeated use - sports people particularly suffer and I can make the connection to dancing (RH is always in the air over my head :) ) The tendon i have damaged is at the front .. symptoms are pain / aching / clicking :) :) It does seem exacerbated by driving, especially when I am going around corners :(

Anyway, that's my experience - sounds similar to you

I am right handed and its my left shoulder, it could be camping, sleeping on a harder surface is the cause, or the camping could be just a coincidence. But the symptoms are similar. Just slight pain holding to steering wheel, no difference on corners.

Thanks all, so far.

I am right handed and its my left shoulder, it could be camping, sleeping on a harder surface is the cause, or the camping could be just a coincidence. But the symptoms are similar. Just slight pain holding to steering wheel, no difference on corners.

Thanks all, so far.

My big problems were caused by doing aquarobics, using my good arm to keep myself upright whilst running in the water. It didn't feel like a big issue at the time, there was no traumatic injury or fall, but it caused the muscles to strengthen unequally on the front of my shoulder, leading to a small rotation of the shoulder joint which made it just impossible to lift my upper arm (which is a major issue if, like me, you use that arm for everything because the other arm doesn't work).

The solution was some sessions of very gentle manipulation and stretching of the bits of shoulder which had become too tight, along with exercises to do lots of times a day. I found that the best thing I could do was to repeat the exercises every time I thought or said the word 'shoulder', and I worked a way to do the most important exercise whilst sitting, driving or typing, so guess what I'm doing right now?

If it's arthritis it will probably show in a blood test or show on an xray. Ask for a referal and get a blood test

She made me take ibufrofren for a few weeks to reduce the inflamation (I didn't realise that it takes 5 days of taking the tablets for them to get into your system, so you have to take them regularly, otherwise it is pointless).

That's not true, she's misadvised you (but she's not a pharmacologist).

http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html

They take effect in about 30 minutes, they disappear from your system after about 4 hrs.

That's not true, she's misadvised you (but she's not a pharmacologist).

Some doctors try to be like salesmen, they make up things. My shoulder is feeling a little better now.

What did you do that helped?

Nothing, still pins n needles sometimes, but not so much.

I'm 90% back to normal after a painful shoulder joint for months. I couldn't put my arm back or up and numbness every now and again. The GP sent me to Physio, Xray and scan. The Physio was spot on with her guess. It turned out to be the bursa. This is a sack with fluid in that sort of lubricates joints. The GP wanted to do the injection route but I decided not to after reading many people saying it didn't work for them.

Spot on because she didn't "guess" I hope.

Spot on because she didn't "guess" I hope.

Now that the pain is less, it feels more like a numbness so ...

For example, prolonged pins and needles may be caused by the conditions mentioned above, or it is probable the first or second one.

a compressed ulnar nerve – the ulnar nerve starts in your neck and runs down the inside of your upper arm to your elbow

carpal tunnel syndrome – pain, numbness and a burning or tingling sensation in the hand caused by a build-up of pressure in the small tunnel that runs from the wrist to the lower palm (the carpal tunnel)

sciatica – pain caused by irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve, which runs from the back of your pelvis, through your buttocks and down both legs to your feet

Go and see a physio.

The doc has refered me; she didnt give a diagnosis tho; 14th Jan :huh: