Found dog - S9 - JRT cross? White

Hi

Whilst out walking our two a little while ago, we came across a friendly little boy wandering around Wooley Woods.

He's probably a JRT cross, white with black ears, slightly wiry curly coat.

He's wearing a blue bandanna collar (no tag) but the bit you'd clip a lead to is snapped.

Very friendly, doesn't seem young. No idea if he's chipped or not and unable to call the dog warden. Quite stuck...we've walked him home with our two, he's currently in our kitchen but not happy. We really didn't feel right leaving him by himself in the woods in this weather.

Anyone know who he could be or how we could get him home? He could potentially be from Wincobank/Concord/Shiregreen areas.

Please ask around if you think it could be relevant to anyone you know!

a vet will check for chip. Not sure which will be open apart from the PDSA emergency one or Springfield Hospital in Rotherham at this time

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 18:11 ----------

That area is S5 BTW

Yeah, I tried PDSA but they're only an emergency line at the minute.

Called Springfield and we're going to nip him down there now to see if they can scan him. I don't hold out high hopes but fingers crossed someone's had the sense to chip him!!

The dog pound is open for any strays to be taken in..open till 9pm every day..they will scan him and keep him safe for the owners to find and if no one comes forward he will get a new home...as long as he isn't aggressive etc x

Nice call on Springfield, denlin. We took him down, he was actually chipped!! Drove him to the address they gave us, 'Patch' is now home safe & sound. Good job, because he was such a nice little lad I may have ended up with a pack of 3 dogs tonight if not :P

Nice call on Springfield, denlin. We took him down, he was actually chipped!! Drove him to the address they gave us, 'Patch' is now home safe & sound. Good job, because he was such a nice little lad I may have ended up with a pack of 3 dogs tonight if not :P

Well done .a good days work.:)