Security help with badge

Like many of the other posters have mentioned its very difficult to get a decent wage. The quality of some of your colleagues is questionable at best these days too (I had a crazy person turn up as sub once, he thought he was James Bond with a tape recorder and everything - sent him home within 30 minutes)

I went to an interview recently and was pestered for 3 weeks to take the job (I didn't as the hours didn't work for me) but it just shows you they are struggling to find good people for them to chase someone who had said no 5 times.

You want at least £10.00 per hour given the type of work involved and the unsociable hours but in Sheffield most company's will offer at best £8.50 per hour if you have no experience.

The problem is that the company's have negotiated their rates too low with venues to win their business initially and now can't really pay decent money any more, experienced staff won't work for them and new staff soon figure it isn't worth it and move on to something better.

Wages are the same now as they were in 1991 - now that says something. Also no company will pay for your training and badge there is simply no need for them to do that.

Cheers

Edited by Fitproperty1

thank you for all messages I just thought give it a try as I cant seem to get a job and want to get of jsa

Hi we do the training, but as you are probably finding out very few will guarantee you continuous work.

You need to decide which qualification to need obtain for your SIA Badge, you may also need to consider your budget and past experiences, I.e. you are unlikely to go for Close Protection qualification without some Military Background

It Starts at Security Guard, Door Supervisor and onto Close Protection.

Some companies may require you to have a First Aid qualification too, so please ensure you do some research before making a final decision. . Should you wish to have some more advice please contact me and we would be happy to advise.