Yorks batsmen break record.

A wicket and two run outs to Brooks.

Good win without Plunkett, Root and Ballance.

Any win against the Lancs is a good un.

Unfortunately for us it's not as brill as the Notts lads:roll::roll:

We should have been able to defend 200.

Whilst the bowling wasn't great, I think you have to question the captaincy.

Rafiq is one of the better 20/20 bowlers, yet he didn't bowl his full compliment.

Sidebottom had a wretched time.....Maybe they're best just leaving him to 4 day cricket now.

A good win yesterday though against Lancashire.....We were tracking the score whilst on our annual Wetherspoons pub crawl :hihi:

Regards

Doom

200 was an excellent score. The bowlers aren't up to it.

I think in the 20/20 games the bowlers always seem to be expensive, just as proved against Notts.

Yes, the target used to be 1000 runs by the end of May, but like a lot of other things, that's changed.

:hihi::hihi:

A win against Lancs in any form if cricket is a satisfying win, as for fridays result we got a good score and we all think it should have been defendable, but sometimes you have to give the opposition a bit of credit. Lets get back to the CC and get a trophy in the cabinet, we hope.

Cripes what a dismal show from the top order today, I hope the tailenders show them how it should be done.

---------- Post added 29-07-2014 at 13:48 ----------

Oh dear, it's not meant to be.

Thank Heaven for Leaning and Rashid.

Cripes what a dismal show from the top order today, I hope the tailenders show them how it should be done.

---------- Post added 29-07-2014 at 13:48 ----------

Oh dear, it's not meant to be.

Thank Heaven for Leaning and Rashid.

It looks like they chose to bat on a wicket that was probably doing a bit first thing.

Leaning and Rashid got us out of the mess, then as usual we hit the panic button with both Bresnan and Pyrah getting run out.

With the good work from Rashid and Leaning we should have been looking at defending 220+, instead it's a miserly 193.

If we can get Klinger out soon after lunch there may still be a chance, but I reckon we're probably 50 runs short of what was needed.

Regards

Doom

Lost today Essex chasing 291,had em at 68 for 4 and bowlers gave up.

Another good win for Yorshire, looks to be a two horsee race now, COME ON YOU TYKES.

This was the fixture last year against Durham that we lost the chance of the Championship, dare we hope that this will prove to be the clincher this year.

For the first time in a long time it's now again a pleasure watching a team that you can have confidence in, thanks for the entertainment lads.

Another good win for Yorkshire, it's starting to look like us or Notts with Warwickshire as outsiders.

Our remaining games are Lancs (A), Notts (A) and Somerset (H)

Notts remaining games are Durham (A), Yorks (H) and Sussex (H)

It goes without saying the game in Nottingham looks to be a crucial one, hopefully with England having just finished all their one day games they'll allow us to play Root, Ballance and Plunkett (if fit) in this one, especially as Williamson will have left by then.

On a side note, I was surprised to read that Rafiq has been released by the club. His opportunities have been limited due to injuries and the improved form of Rashid, but given a good run I think he could go on to be one of the best spinners in the country. I'm disappointed to see him leave and can see this coming back to haunt Yorkshire very much like the decision to release Sidebottom did.

Regards

Doom

Another very good day in the Roses match and Notts struggling against Durham!