Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

So if the moor is getting a flagship Primark store are they going to close the rank looking one down by Castle Market??

I too wondered what would happen to the current City Centre Primark after the new one opens on the Moor. That building was empty for years after CnA left, and the whole area at the bottom end of High Street isn't going to give a good reflection of Sheffield to any potential visitors that may come - The Co-Op building also being large and empty too.

With the new stuff coming to The Moor, Gormet Burger etc. I really wish they'd bring other 'high end' offerings to Sheffield too. I'd like to see Foyles and Chipotle in Sheffield. :)

So if the moor is getting a flagship Primark store are they going to close the rank looking one down by Castle Market??

That whole area including Co-Op, Castle Market, B&M......is being redeveloped

That whole area including Co-Op, Castle Market, B&M......is being redeveloped

Is that before or after Sevenstones?

Saturday's Star presented the latest master plan for the retail development that the Council are certain is going to happen. Not a word about who is going to fund it / build it. They want everybody to get behind it but is this just more hot air? I'm pretty used to the announcements of things to come...

Saturday's Star presented the latest master plan for the retail development that the Council are certain is going to happen. Not a word about who is going to fund it / build it. They want everybody to get behind it but is this just more hot air? I'm pretty used to the announcements of things to come...

Estimated completion date March 2085.

Just as long as John Mothersole is not in charge:roll::roll:

I'm guessing it was just another of their sporadic press releases that try to suggest they are nearly there. And this one which whilst detailing the 'master plan' had absolutely no substance at all. I'm at a loss as to how they can predict the opening of various phases when they can't even reveal the cost, the funding, or the developer! What a joke..

And just before an election....hmmmm

I'm guessing it was just another of their sporadic press releases that try to suggest they are nearly there. And this one which whilst detailing the 'master plan' had absolutely no substance at all. I'm at a loss as to how they can predict the opening of various phases when they can't even reveal the cost, the funding, or the developer! What a joke..

And just before an election....hmmmm

Obviously the timing of the announcement had nothing to do with an upcoming election .

Do you two live together or something? Always posting the same anti-council message, just shortly after one another? ;)

Do you two live together or something? Always posting the same anti-council message, just shortly after one another? ;)

You'd be hard pushed to find any pro-Council messages on this forum. The fact that two people in a row post their dislike of the Council in a thread is merely the start of a queue. Anyone who gives them the thumbs-up either works for them, or gets backhanders. :P

Latest news from julie dore.."several high end premium retailers have expressed an interest...but we can't reveal the names for commercial reasons"!............."A development partner is scheduled to be announced in autumn".........

???????????