Hot weather warning

please everyone please don't leave dogs in cars over the hot weather even with a window open.its like an oven

Absolutely, not even for a minute!

Also take care on hot pavements that can burn your dogs' feet. Heat exhaustion is a concern too - try to keep to early/late walks in shady spots if you can and leave the balls/frisbees at home (unless you're chucking it in a river!)

We'll be going down the to reservoir as late as poss tonight for sure

Please also leave windows on vent when you go out so some air gets in,

Don't take them out during the heat,never mind leave them in car.

But "they'll" all be out mid day trying to kill the poor mites.

You are better off leaving thermal blinds and thermal lined curtains closed to stop the room warming up rather than leaving windows open. Most of the summer we have our blinds and curtains closed. It really does keep a room much cooler.

You are better off leaving thermal blinds and thermal lined curtains closed to stop the room warming up rather than leaving windows open. Most of the summer we have our blinds and curtains closed. It really does keep a room much cooler.

I do this too. I open the windows first thing and later close them and the curtains as it's just like having an hot air fan on otherwise.

My poor guinea pig must hate all this heat. I have him a shaded run in the day but he must be sweltered at night in his cage in the house.