Any opinions on Middletons pet store at the bottom of the Moor?

I just went in this shop and I remember going there a few years ago not really remembering it. However upon revisiting I saw that it was actually quite grim, the fish tanks were all filthy and the small pets section just had very depressed looking hamsters, guinea pigs and stressed out birds.

Some people in there were asking about their turtles (which were in a tiny perspex box) and one of the staff members was just shouting loudly about a "****ing animal welfare officer that was a dick" when she tried to sell turtles in the past.

All in all I wasn't impressed. I then googled it and found the Yelp reviews and there are a lot of 1 star reviews - http://www.yelp.co.uk/not_recommended_reviews/jSksU5h3kGmgDWfELyvM4g

Does anyone here shop there regularly or get any pets from there? Any positive experiences?

I just went in for some pH Minus for my fish tank but they don't stock it but I couldn't help but take a look around while I was in there.

I thought they had been banned from selling live animals.

I thought they had been banned from selling live animals.

Apparently not.

I haven't been in for ages (or seen the condition the animals are kept in), but go past regularly - I've been put off by the people hanging around the doorway.

Iv never heard of it...has it been there long?

I have to say that Middletons has good pets , healthy pets , they have always had good care for the animals in their care ! Many years ago my boys had lovely hamsters from there

I've never been back in since i witnessed someone pick a rat up by the tail, then drop it on it's head when it tried to grab on to his arm.

I used to shop there regularly but not recently. The animals are poorly cared for and the staff seem to have little or no knowledge about them. I have seen dead fish in tanks and birds etc in poor condition.

We've bought fish from there in the past, but they didn't last long. There's often dead ones floating in the water :gag:

And I feel incredibly sorry for the birds especially and small furry things in that shop. It's a horrible place. So dirty.

I have a customer who has fish from them , all are really healthy , well and alive !!! I asked her how the animals seemed and she said they are well cared for there , so I am going to call in and double check for myself , But if this isn't true , you need to be careful as its damaging the good name of a established business.

I have been in a few times and on each occasion the animals have been very poorly cared for. Looked and smelt like the hamsters hadn't been cleaned our for a while and a few dead fish still in the tanks. Personally i think they need new staff who know about animal care

I once waited almost 40 minutes in there to be served, ended up walking out empty handed.