Dog friendly beaches

Anyone know of any dog friendly beaches this time of year?

Freshfields is my fave.

Miles and miles of beach, woodlands and sand dunes. Plus you can see red squirrels!

Dogs allowed and just have to be on lead in certain areas around the squirrels.

There are toilets in the car park and there's always an ice cream van. Unfortunately parking isn't free as it's National Trust.

Plus you can pop down the coat to Liverpool as well which is always worth a visit!

Robin Hood's Bay is dog friendly and fairly quite and secluded, just make sure you check the tide times before you set off.

I think Whitby is dog friendly in places. I thought it was all dog friendly but after an hour of dirty looks i spotted a no dogs sign near the pier. Oops...

hornsea loads of dogs on beach other day.

Humberston Cleethorps is very dog friendly.

Another vote for Robin Hoods bay, you can have a decent walk all along the beach with your dog.

There's a little rocky foreshore that also very nice, it's quite small but it's often empty so your dogs/kids etc can roam freely around without having to worry about anyone else.

That sounds good, I might have to look into that a bit more, we have 4 chi's, soon to be 5 and I'd love them to experience the sand in total freedom

Another vote for RHB - plus the Laurel Pub half way down the hill is a cracker, almost compulsory to have a dog with you

Fraisthorpe beach at Bridlington is great - no dog restrictions and the beach is really nice. Car park is £2.50 :)

Runswick bay is dog friendly and there a nice pub that does excellent food, theres plenty of accommodation available and a campsite nearby.

Runswick is about 7 miles up the coast from Whitby so you have plenty of places to visit.

I usually stay at the Cliffemount hotel at the top of the bay and walk down to the bay with the dog, have a walk along the beach and then a few beers in the pub before heading back to the hotel......bliss.

The pub is dog friendly too.

Hi all

I have the day off on Friday and want to take my dog to the beach. Is Cleethorpes the nearest or are there some I may not have heard of?

Hi all

I have the day off on Friday and want to take my dog to the beach. Is Cleethorpes the nearest or are there some I may not have heard of?

we had a fab day in Bridlington on Friday, but Cleethorpes is probably closer. This time of year the beaches tend to be open to dogs but I'd check just in case - there are always areas where dogs are allowed at Brid and Cleethorpes, if all else fails.