Sign in to follow this  

Giant African Land Snails

I have a couple of Giant African Land Snails which I am looking to rehome. Below is all the detail using the SF template.

Reason for Rehome / Sale - I do not really know how to look after them and have no real interest. They were rescued from the brink of death as legally if you do not want them they have to be killed, they CANNOT be released in to the wild. My partner brought them home before they were squashed.

Time Scale – How Urgent? No urgency at all.

Sale Amount - Free

Location - S8

Age & Sex - Both as they are snails they can reproduce without help.

Approximate size now and full grown size - Their shells are roughly 4" long. They could grow to a 6" shell. They are 1 year old so will not grow much more.

Viv size needed - They are currently in a small tank but could do with a larger home. Their current home can come with the animals. I also have an unused heat mat which depending on where they are positioned they could do with; if you do want the mat I would just ask for £10.

Any Current or Historical Health or Psychological Issues - No known health issues.

Temperament/Any handling issues - They handle fine but you need to make sure your hands and arms are cleaned with plain water first.

Beginners reptile, moderate or experienced only - Beginners with a little research.

herbivore/omnivore/carnivore/insectivore - Herbivore only. They eat lettuce, cucumber, peeled carrots and various other greens. They also have a cuttle fish for calcium supplement.

General information that you can share - They are obviously not the most exciting pet, but are interesting to watch.