Ark vets Killamarsh

My family have used them and apart from a little more expensive they're quite reliable.

We also have a family friend who works there.

Avoid them like the plague, the amount of stories I could tell.

They are well over priced, pure greed, it's so frustrating that they get away with it.

If a vets start offering lots of tests for simple things run away . Do your research a lot of meds and steroids can do more harm than good , many old and cheap remedies that have been used for years do work . And a lot of allergies can be from over processed food or good old fashioned stress from not getting enough excercise or being left for hours ( not all cases I know ) My advice is look for old school vets with common sense and experience .

Edited by rubydo1

They spayed my kitten and the vet was ok but the receptionist was vile. Very rude woman and even though the vet was alright I wouldn't go back there.

Thanks for all replies. Reason I posted was because we have had a terrible experience and some of the comments are not surprising me at all! We've had a ridiculous bill for what turned out to be a throat infection!! Procedures were carried out without discussing it with myself or my wife. The consent form is a complete joke! Our next step is the RCVS to see if we can take this further. If you are thinking of using this vet then our advice is DON'T!

So sorry you have had a bad experience with this vets, please do take it further as they should and are accountable for bad practice.

As I stated previously the amount of stories I've been told by customers is unbelievable.

Unprofessional, very expensive, doing things without getting the owners permission, the list goes on.

I really hope your pet is ok, please pm me if you would like recommendations of other vets to consider...

I know this post is oldish, but having only just seen it I felt obliged to add my experience:

We used Ark Vets a few times for our 19 year old cat who had a few age related health problems, and saw a young male vet (sorry, can't recall his name) who was lovely, gentle and caring, as were the veterinary nurses who dealt with her (although the treatment cost did almost require a second mortgage!)

However when we had to go there in an emergency (with a dying cat) we encountered a completely different attitude: kept waiting for over five minutes in the waiting room while the receptionist and nurse chatted to each other about their social lives, with no interest or acknowledgement of our cat's or our own obvious distress.

Eventually saw a middle aged male vet, a partner in the practice, and the callous and uncaring attitude as our much loved cat was put to sleep made a horrible experience much worse. His only interest seemingly was in pushing us into using their cremation service (we didn't!) Too early yet for me to think of having another pet, but should I do so Ark will definitely NOT be our vets.

Thanks for posting lancslass. Sorry to hear your sad story. I hope people keep posting on this topic regardless of the age of it. We will update on any further developments we have. Cheers

any complaints should be made to rcvs i believe there are gudelines on what vets can charge for the same procedure etc and anything out of the ordinary i believe will be investigated

We went there today for the first time, I was really pleased.

Didn't have a long wait, the vet had already read the notes sent from our previous vet, and he gave her a thorough check up. He didn't try to fob us off with pricey treatments and the consultation was £10 less than our last vet.