How much does a headstone (gravestone) cost?

Iam not too sure about this subject but dose anyone know anywhere in Sheffield that dose cheap headstone's and how much i could be paying?

Cheers Ozzie

look in the yellow pages or on "yell dot com", you'll find lists of stonemasons, you'll need to phone around.

Expect to pay a pretty penny, even for the simplest work.

theres a place on worral road s6 just up from horse and jockey that makes headstones - not sure hw much they are - hes opposite chippy and hairdressers

Beware the hidden extras.

I recently chose one for my grandmother's grave at £600.By the time the cost of lettering,cemetery fees and VAT were added it was over £1000.

theres a place on worral road s6 just up from horse and jockey that makes headstones - not sure hw much they are - hes opposite chippy and hairdressers
hi thinks its called lindly

You're looking upwards of £1000 I'm in the process of looking at one for my dad and it's looking like it'll be around £4000

look in the yellow pages or on "yell dot com", you'll find lists of stonemasons, you'll need to phone around.

Expect to pay a pretty penny, even for the simplest work.

sorry, I meant to say "monumental" stonemasons, in the post above.

Try Kays on city road opposite the cemetary.I got one in sandstone with approx 100letters

for about £350 18mths ago .And i got a small plaque type one (looks like an open book) in black marble with approx 50 letters for £220 last year. They are worth a phone call. Make sure you shop around.

Thank you all for your help it is really good when people pull together ive called a couple and its looking good. Thank you more info the better

Ozzie