Nigel Farage on Time's person of year shortlist

aww bless, he can't even win a seat as an MP after seven attempts.

What chance does he have at this ?

Is he really a man? Alan Carr would easily take him in a fight.

Is he really a man? Alan Carr would easily take him in a fight.

lucky for Our Nige' you don't even need to be a man to win the award.

Mr Angela Merkel won it last year, and she could crush Our Nige's skull between her thighs.

It seems that Nigel has admirers beyond Donald Trump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38217040

As the award is for 'the person who most influenced the news, for better or for worse', I can sort of see why he made the short list. Though as most Americans know him mainly from gurning in front of a gold-plated lift in the foyer of Trump Tower, I doubt he'll win it. Trump will. Or Putin.

It seems that Nigel has admirers beyond Donald Trump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38217040

There`s a few answers to that.

Firstly, if Boris "I want to be Tory leader at any cost" Johnson had`nt decided to campaign for Leave the result would have been different, remember it was a close election. I don`t think Farage made much difference once the referendum was going ahead, though I accept he had a big influence on it happening. That and weak Tory leadership.

Secondly, these man of the year awards are nothing to do with whether the promoters approve of the candidates. I can remember back in 1984 Arthur Scargill was talked of as man of the year on Radio 4`s Today programme, he may even have won it. Say what you like about Scargill, and I have as little time for him as I have for Farage, he probably was man of the year in 1984, for all the wrong reasons of course, just like Farage......

Nigel Farage has missed out on being named person of the year, but surely will be knighted in the new year's honours list.

Nigel Farage has missed out on being named person of the year, but surely will be knighted in the new year's honours list.

That`s a joke right ?

The man who single handily has caused more division and ill feeling in this country than any other politician in living memory, a knighthood ? Pontificating that the courts judging on constitutional law should be wary of causing riots on the streets and being a total hypocrite* for Gawd`s sake.

If Farage gets a knighthood they should scrap knighthoods.

* what you should bear in mind here is that Farage was the one who said on election night that "if it was a close run thing it wouldn`t be over". Well is was a close run thing, but, for some reason he`s suddenly changed his position quite markedly. 180 degrees in fact, he`s not bothered about the constitution !

One last point, if the result had gone the other way and the Brexiteers had been going to court trying to get a rerun, or whatever, would there have been death threats flying about and warnings of riots on the streets ? I think that speaks absolute volumes. Where the hell is this country going, wherever it is I don`t want to be part of it.....

Edited by Justin Smith

I was going to say, on the requirements for nominations he qualifies quite well. As did Hitler, Stalin, Mao etc. The award isn't for best person on the planet it's for person most mentioned in the news.

That`s a joke right ?.

Why?

Hitler came very close to getting Man of the Century. Its not given to the "best" candidate - but to the one that has have the most influence be that good or bad on the world... and Farage certainly fits that bill, for good or infamy.

Hopefully he will take it as a hint that he should retire from public life...