Shaving anyone else hate it?

got to be my absosolute pet hate could have a shave in the morning by 4 or 5 in the aftenoon my face is like sandpaper. after about a week i look about 30 years older than i actually am.Only time i have shaved on a regular basis has been when i have had a partner.

Anyone share this ordeal?

Its the only downside of being a bloke,never liked it.

I only like it when i'm heading out for a few pints.

Shaving is bad for you as it damages your teeth. The whiskers are in actual fact small 'rootlets' branching off from the tooth's main root which grow through the face in search of daylight by which to photosynthesise.

Cut these whiskers off and you end up effectively with 'Bonsai teeth' as it stunts dental developmentation, causing the teeth themselves to wither and go brown. In extreme cases it's not uncommon for them to fall out of the face entirely.

Hands up all those of you who have a clean shaven close friend or relation who's had to resort to wearing pretend teeth due to excessive pruning? Virtually all of you!

Don't believe me? ... then how come whiskers only sprout out of the bits of face where your teeth are? Case proven.

Don't hate it, just haven't done it for the last 20 years or so... I do shave to shape the beard, but that is about it.

Are you male or female ?

Guessing the op is male, I could be wrong!

If you have time, then shaving with a double edged safety razor instead of the standard plasticky ones with multiple blades can be quite a nice morning ritual. If you do it well it gives you an excellent shave although it sounds like you have similarly virulent facial hair to me - I look like a triple murderer by 4 p.m.

Unfortunatley I have to get two young 'uns up and out to school in the morning so I end up doing it at night instead, so I end up looking like a triple murder by 2 p.m.

I usually shave at night, luckily even the cheapo razors will cut off the whiskers so im happy. still find it a bity of a chore.

Laser hair removal?

They need to develop some sort of face-friendly foam or cream that just makes the hairs fall off, like Veet for women's legs.

They need to develop some sort of face-friendly foam or cream that just makes the hairs fall off, like Veet for women's legs.

I have a pretty decent collection of various acids, some of which I'm pretty sure would work brilliantly for facial exfoliation purposes (I know for a fact that it's excellent for removing skin/soft tissue from fingers). Wether or not it could be adapted to work on bristles without detriment to the surrounding facial flesh is another thing though.