Boris Johnson - new Foriegn Secretary

Unless Theresa May has seen diplomatic qualities I haven't, or maybe she's just having a laugh. But this is the most bizarre appointment ever.

Mind you he is good at selling prime real estate to rich foreigners.

Guest sibon
Unless Theresa May has seen diplomatic qualities I haven't, or maybe she's just having a laugh. But this is the most bizarre appointment ever.

Mind you he is good at selling prime real estate to rich foreigners.

Gets him out of the country for protracted periods.

You can see why she's done it:)

Edited by sibon

Get's him out of the country for protracted periods.

You can see why she's done it:)

Mhmm. The foreign secretary is in charge of MI6. Can you trust him with the Nation's secrets?

Whiff waff.

As a Brexiter he had to get something in the Government hierarchy.

Angel1.

At the moment I wouldn't believe a word he says. If he told me snow was white I would go out and have a look. ;)

Well, he campaigned for Leave and now he can have a part of delivering it. Seems fair to me..

By the time Christmas rolls around again, and this clown car of a year has spat out its last occupant, Charlie Brooker's going to need a full day's tele for his 2016 Wipe.

At the moment I wouldn't believe a word he says. If he told me snow was white I would go out and have a look. ;)

If Boza's been near it, it'll be yellow snow by the time you check anyway...

"Dear World, here is the representative of the UK". Jeeesus.

Well, he campaigned for Leave and now he can have a part of delivering it. Seems fair to me..

For all I dont like the man I think you are spot on.

I also think that Mrs May has made a very very shrewd move.

Before she even got the keys to No10 she was heavilly criticised and insulted by the brexiteers and old skool Tories for not being the right person to implement Article 50, then there was all the Hullabaloo about a remainer getting the job in the first place, particuarly after the referendum result.

Boris is an Etonian elite which will please the back bench tory old farts plus he was the gob of the leave campaign which should please the more extreme elements of the outers.

Seems a very well thought out and well delivered addition to the cabinet and just the sort of decision someone as smart and level headed as May would do.

I heard the original idea was to make him the Governor of Bermuda, where you get to wear a very silly hat, but Boris refused, and so they came up with this temporary compromise.