Shaving anyone else hate it?

I share this ordeal. And it is an ordeal...well used to be (worse), as ever-newer and -better Gillettes and Wilkinsons and foam concoctions have made it increasingly (more) bearable over the years.

Wet shave every morning, and second wet shave by 17:00+ is mandatory if we're going out somewhere special at night. For decades now.

'tis Mediterranean genes for you.

A proper, genuine Turkish shave, though...the first time I had one (in Altinkum, was an ancient dinky place, with Turkish customers (hallmark of a good one, not a tourist trap)), walking out of the barber's I genuinely felt like I was walking on clouds :D

Edited by L00b

Are you male or female ?

Hahahaa :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-12-2016 at 16:36 ----------

Its the only downside of being a bloke,never liked it.

The ONLY downside!!! really?

I've heard it's not very pleasant being a chap on a hot day wearing boxer shorts ;)

My OH has a beard, he hates to shave and only shaves to shape his beard then uses the beard trimmers to do the rest.. He looks about 10yrs younger when his face isnt covered in hair!! Personally i prefer him clean shaven but i hate to shave my legs in the winter so we have to come to an agreement to let each other do what we want :)

Edited by Chelle-82

When I shave, it is with an electric razor, a few minutes is all it takes. However, i now have my winter growth, whch I trim with an electric trimmer, with a number 2 attachment, and cut my hair at the same time.

Grow a beard, it'll keep your face warm :hihi:

My partner normally has at least a goatee, sometimes he attempts to grow a full beard but it never lasts long.

Happy to report I cannot even name the year the last time I was bare faced. Although the face fungus is now white instead of a red/brown colour. I could give Father Christmas a run for his money.

Angel1.

When I shave, it is with an electric razor, a few minutes is all it takes. However, i now have my winter growth, whch I trim with an electric trimmer, with a number 2 attachment, and cut my hair at the same time.

Any electric razor I've used has panicked and asked to be sent back to the shop before it's got half way across :)

Happy to report I cannot even name the year the last time I was bare faced. Although the face fungus is now white instead of a red/brown colour. I could give Father Christmas a run for his money.

Angel1.

White beards look awesome :)

I hate shaving and instead have a beard for most of the year.I shave it off for a special occasion or a special lady.I am getting all the santa jokes at the moment because it is starting to go grey.

Think yourselves lucky men. You just have one tiny face to shave. We have legs, armpits, and lady bits! You lot don't know you're born!

Guessing the op is male, I could be wrong!

Guessing you never ventured in to the Cannon on Castle street.

Think yourselves lucky men. You just have one tiny face to shave. We have legs, armpits, and lady bits! You lot don't know you're born!

Not necessarily, Grenoside123. A (male) pal at school used to shave his legs – he was a keen competitive cyclist and said he shaved to cut down on wind resistance (this was pre-lycra). Also, if you don't think any men shave their armpits and man bits, perhaps you lead a more sheltered life than I do.

That is true, not forgetting the large area of a man`a hairy back and sometimes chest.