The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Never? What about Education, The Railways etc I suppose they don't count as infrastructure. Labour lost their way a bit I will grant you but we need to get real here and stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

People need to take a few history lessons. You can get some here.

The Northern College

facebook.com/northerncollege http://WWW.northern.ac.uk or

email, courses@northern.ac.uk

Some courses are free.

No I know they spent money which could legitimately be called "investment". I never said otherwise. But they also dressed up regular spending as investment so now I don't know what they mean when they use that term.

Now I trust others to use the words correctly, so the problem is only when I hear Labour folk speak.

No I know they spent money which could legitimately be called "investment". I never said otherwise. But they also dressed up regular spending as investment so now I don't know what they mean when they use that term.

Now I trust others to use the words correctly, so the problem is only when I hear Labour folk speak.

Eh you distinctly said Never.:(

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 18:10 ----------

The problem with Labour and "investment" is that it's never ben the kind of investment that produced long term growth. They simply redefined public spending as investment arbitrarily.

It's suppose to mean things like infrastructure spending which grow the economy and pay for themselves many times over (when they're done right). But Labour abused it and now I don't trust them when they speak of investment as they could mean anything.

As above! "NEVER" first para second line third word .

Are you redefining the word never. Just as the Tory Party has redefined we will take care of the NHS. and other such peripherals of life to the rich.

Edited by Margarita Ma

Eh you distinctly said Never.:(

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 18:10 ----------

As above! "NEVER" first para second line third word .

Are you redefining the word never. Just as the Tory Party has redefined we will take care of the NHS. and other such peripherals of life to the rich.

My bad. Hoisted by my own hyperbole.

Whose definition is that? Yours, I suppose. And what is this real life?

Good question. Let's see: being outside Westminster, being an employee susceptible to dismissal, being reliant on satisfactory trade financing one's employer, not having an automatic podium from which to pronounce one's views, etc.

That do?

Good question. Let's see: being outside Westminster, being an employee susceptible to dismissal, being reliant on satisfactory trade financing one's employer, not having an automatic podium from which to pronounce one's views, etc.

That do?

How about your friends Carswell and Nuttall.

Carswell's experience of real life includes attending two independent boarding schools and working in corporate development and investment management, as so many of us have. As a MP he has claimed £32,000 for household furniture and later £655 for a sofa. Clearly that's real life for so many of us.

Nuttall appears to only have had two jobs, a lecturer and MEP, neither of which are known to depend on trade. Clearly this gives him time to formulate UKIP's policy on the NHS;

"I would like to congratulate the coalition government for bringing a whiff of privatisation into the beleaguered National Health Service.

"I would argue that the very existence of the NHS stifles competition, and as competition drives quality and choice, innovation and improvements are restricted.

"Therefore, I believe, as long as the NHS is the ‘sacred cow’ of British politics, the longer the British people will suffer with a second rate health service."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-leader-paul-nuttall-words-9351835

Never? What about Education, The Railways etc I suppose they don't count as infrastructure. Labour lost their way a bit I will grant you but we need to get real here and stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

People need to take a few history lessons. You can get some here.

The Northern College

facebook.com/northerncollege http://WWW.northern.ac.uk or

email, courses@northern.ac.uk

Some courses are free.

you saying labour spent money on the infrastructure of railways, education and hospitals ?

It's OK though, the Labour candidate said they did better than expected.

"But we're proud of what we did. We kept our deposit which some people said we were going to lose."

Tell me, I`m curious, why is Tony Blair (who won 3 General Elections for Labour) apparently regarded at "toxic", whilst Corbyn (who is taking Labour lower than it`s ever been) is some sort of hero ?

That's Labour's worst by-election in opposition since the early 1980s. Sure it's a true blue part of the country but there's never been any Liberal vote round there at all. A lot of Labour voters in 2015 are switching to Liberal.