Carp fishing in around sheffield

well i seem to have hit a dead end with finding some good carp water...where do ur go and what bait tack-ticks are used.....

p.s i was walking down sheff canal just off shepcote lane and seen some very lumpy carp but after 4-5 days of trying still yet to hook 1 seem a little shy. any1 else had fished for these caro an offer any tips :help::help:

which area of sheffield you from lee

well i seem to have hit a dead end with finding some good carp water...where do ur go and what bait tack-ticks are used.....

p.s i was walking down sheff canal just off shepcote lane and seen some very lumpy carp but after 4-5 days of trying still yet to hook 1 seem a little shy. any1 else had fished for these caro an offer any tips :help::help:

Luncheon meat on the bottom. Ignore those on top unless a roasting hot summer day when you'll take em on floating bread crust. I've had literally dozens out of them out over the years, up to 19lb.

as megalithic says there is plenty to be had on the top in the summer just cast to showing fish with a freelined crust. a steady baiting approach will get the carps heads down but it can be hard going hemp and corn are a good start with luncheon meat over the top. try and fish tight to reeds and lillies as most of the carp get their heads down among these.

If you want a challenge come to Lillies dream match on 4th May at Lindholme, it's fancy dress or pink theme - see link below

from southey end of town.iv been cleaning the old tackle down this week ready for action this yr i have set a challenge to land a canal carp and also there a 4 carp in hillsbrough park pond a common a mirror and 2 koi carp put there by an old guy who had not time for his pond anymore so this yr for me is all about work and fishing lol what pound line is best for the canal iv been using 12lb cammo line to a size 8 black hook with a open end feeder with bread crum,pellet,corn,hemp,maggot had some very large carp on this method in the past like a 28.9 common from western park

So, Lee, you're scared of being beaten by a woman then? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

sorry thought id replied lol iv seen some women give most bloke a wooping on the bank side:hihi:,i wont be able to make the date due to me working..i will ask a load of friens who may be intrested have u got a number to ring if they would like to fish it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just put names on Lillies dream thread and we'll add them to list.