I'm interested in finding other Shotokan karate clubs in Sheffield

Hi

Walkley Community Centre has a website firstreet.org.uk. if you go there you will find details and a link to the karate which is on Monday and fridays. The man running it is called Dave Crowther and his telephone number is 2340000. hope this helps.

Cheers samc3 ..... any idea what organisation he's part of ?

Hi, Shoto. I train with Anna (I think her second name is Milosovic) in my traditional JJ club (she is doing her black belt in Kobudo). She is a 5th dan Shotokan and trains under Mr Asano (who is in Nottingham) don't know what the organisation is? I know she has a Shotokan karate club in Hillsborough leisure centre on a Monday night. Cheers

Wow! Is that guy still instructing?

I trained to purple belt about 20 years ago at a Shotokan Karate International (SKI) club, and was graded by the great Shiro Asano of Nottingham. Their annual tournament was held in Nottingham, and occassionaly Mr. Asano would perform some quality exhibition stuff, blind folded against armed attackers. Truely awseome!

Just wondered, are there any SKI clubs in Sheffield?

They were really strict with lots of dojo ettiquette and manners with hard physical training.

Wow! Is that guy still instructing?

I trained to purple belt about 20 years ago at a Shotokan Karate International (SKI) club, and was graded by the great Shiro Asano of Nottingham. Their annual tournament was held in Nottingham, and occassionaly Mr. Asano would perform some quality exhibition stuff, blind folded against armed attackers. Truely awseome!

Just wondered, are there any SKI clubs in Sheffield?

They were really strict with lots of dojo ettiquette and manners with hard physical training.

Yeh ....the club at Hillsborough Arena run by Anna .... see above post

Yeah, anna used to train with the 'Animals' at central in sheffield many moons ago, and nottingham with Mr Asano.

Yeh ....the club at Hillsborough Arena run by Anna .... see above post

er...

I knew that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi there

South Yorkshire Shotokan Karate Club starts at Revolution Gym, Rotherham on Tuesday 14th June 2011 at 6.45pm. Run by 4th Dan Nev Hamilton it caters for all levels.

In June 2011, the South Yorkshire Shotokan Karate Club will extend its current classes to Revolution Gym, Rotherham. Classes will be run for both juniors and adults.

Tuesday 6.45pm to 7.45pm Adults

Thursday 5pm to 6pm Juniors and 6.15pm to 7.45pm Adults

Prices: £4 juniors & concessions, £5 adults

call 01709 372659 to book a place

click address below to go to website:

www.southyorkshireshotokankarate.co.uk

I remember training at the YMCA as I lived there briefly in the mid 1970s. I attended a course with Asano and then everyone retreated to the Nursery Tavern for a gargle. I was young and daft at the time and recall aggravating one of the senior Dan grades in an argument , to be fair he didn't look like he could punch his way out of a paper bag, still don't know what I did to upset him. The other guys were fantastic, Lol Abudo in particular.

I used to train in Wado Ryu at St Pauls (now All Saints) with Tony Lomas and Brian Johnson. Now they were good scrappers.

I remember training at the YMCA as I lived there briefly in the mid 1970s. I attended a course with Asano and then everyone retreated to the Nursery Tavern for a gargle. I was young and daft at the time and recall aggravating one of the senior Dan grades in an argument , to be fair he didn't look like he could punch his way out of a paper bag, still don't know what I did to upset him. The other guys were fantastic, Lol Abudo in particular.

I used to train in Wado Ryu at St Pauls (now All Saints) with Tony Lomas and Brian Johnson. Now they were good scrappers.

Hi just seen this post I remember Lo Abudo he moved from central to st caths used to train with him abiut 1989. Would like to know how he is going?