Is anyone here a fruitarian?

Is anybody on here a fellow fruitarian? dont you agree its cruel to kill apples and veggies. thanks

I thought fruitarians only ate fruits, nuts and seeds. It's root vegetables and the like that they don't eat, because eating those destroys the plant... or at least, I think thats right :huh::)

what do they eat then??:confused:

Quite literally, fruits and berries :) Sometimes nuts and seeds too.

If we dont eat them, they only rot or get eaten by animals or insects. The majority would not even be planted if it were not for us needing to eat them! So is it better to have lived & been eaten or never to have lived at all?

Is fruitarian a real thing?

You can't really kill a piece of fruit though can you? Its not like it has a heartbeat.....

Is fruitarian a real thing?

You can't really kill a piece of fruit though can you? Its not like it has a heartbeat.....

Yep, some people really are fruitarians.

You can't kill fruit - that's the point, and that's why they only eat fruit. When you take a fruit from a tree, the original plant survives. However, eating a root vegetable (such as a carrot) means destroying the entire plant and (for what ever reason) fruitarians consider that inappropriate :)

I'm not a fruitarian (ha! :P) but there was a programme on it on TV a few years ago.. I remember it well simply because the girl featured looked so ill :gag: She looked grey!

You can't be a fruitarian if you think it's cruel to 'kill' apples. Also, you wouldn't have the strength to drag yourself to the computer to type your posts.

If you eat too much fruit, doesnt it mess your digestive system up and make you unable to leave the toilet? :gag:

I love fruit but what about all the meat, veg, bread, potatoes etc.

My friends on the weight watchers diet and I believe that the fruit has no points, and is 'free'. You'd just waste away...

I remember hearing some time ago about a family of Fruitarians. The parents had led their children to starvation and even subjected their newborn to their beliefs in food. I think they were charged over it can't remember the details now.

If people want to live solely off one part of the whole host of food stuffs we have available that is fine, however I don't want to be paying for their faddy exploits and neither should their children.

So, wouldn't eat a carrot 'cause it kill the plant but would use a computer – how many computer parts use animal products in some way, the manufacture of plastics, circuit boards etc??

I remember the story I think you're referring to, MoonMaiden. It's here on the BBC News website. It had a further tragic twist which I wasn't aware of until today, here.