Grenoside Crematorium throwing trinkets in the bin

Hi everyone.

Grenoside Crematorium has been taken over by another company. They have left a note at the entrance saying all grave decorations/gifts need removing asap or anything left will be scrapped.

They have actually asked that items be removed by 8th May, after which they will remove them to be stored for 3 months before disposal.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Grenoside-Crematorium/215664178451366#!/photo.php?fbid=1302201046484350&id=100000834003773&set=a.404221872948943.80023.100000834003773&source=57

Edited by cgksheff

This was on Micheal Foggs facebook page earlier today I cant quite believe it I think its just disgraceful Can they really pick and choose who can use the crematorium surely this is ethically wrong the funeral directors association need to be doing something about it.

SOME TIME AGO WE WAS APPROACHED BY DIGNITY FUNERAL SERVICE TO WITH A VIEW OF US SELLING OUR FAMILY FUNERAL HOME .

WE DECLINED TO EVEN SPEAK TO THEM.

SO THEY OPENED AN OFFICE AT HANDSWORTH.

A FEW MONTHS AGO DIGNITY BOUGHT GRENOSIDE CREMATORIUM AND SADLY THE MANAGER WHO RAN THE CREMATORIUM FOR OVER 12 YEARS WAS NO LONGER REQUIRED.

AND THEY APPOINTED A NEW MANAGER. I WAS UPSET AT THE WAY THIS MAN HAD BEEN TREATED AND I RANG DIGNITY AND TOLD THEM IT DIDN'T SEEM RIGHT TREATING A MAN WHO HAD WORKED SO HARD TO BE TREATED THIS WAY .

I WAS OBVIOUSLY VERY UPSET AS HE IS ALSO A FRIEND.

DIGNITY FUNERAL HAVE NOW BANNED OUR COMPANY FROM ATTENDING GRENOSIDE AND ROTHERHAM CREMATORIUM. I HAVE SPOKEN TO

THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FUNERAL DIRECTORS

WHO'S LEGAL TEAM HAVE TOLD US IT'S UP TO THEM WHO THEY BAN .

ALTHOUGH, ON A MORAL STAND IT IS TOTALLY WRONG AS IT'S THE FAMILY'S WHO CHOOSE A CREMATORIUM THEY WISH TO GO TO .

I BELIEVE THIS IS A WAY OF MONOPOLIZING THE FUNERAL INDUSTRY.

DIGNITY OWN

C&A REEDS

C PRITCHARD.

HANDSWORTH AND DISTRICT .

ALONG WITH OVER OVER 800

OTHER FUNERAL HOMES.

I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST MY OTHER CONCERNS ON FACEBOOK AS DIGNITY HAVE THREATENED US AS A FAMILY WITH LEGAL ACTION.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE OUR POST .

LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

Edited by Ms Interpret
spelling

Dignity, through aggressive competition and buy-outs, have become the largest funeral and crematoria company in the UK.

After running second to them, they finally overtook the Coop when they bought their crematoria from them last year.

They are a publicly traded company, whose shares have doubled in value over the past 5 years.

They recently took a hit when figures were released forecasting a fall in death rates in the near future.

Ironically, after putting so many out of business, they are now lobbying for regulation on the market to try and reduce new start ups (which are exactly what are needed to counter the monopoly).

I would rather depart this world with Micheal Fogg than any of these big concerns with Micheal its a personal touch not a business to conduct on a conveyor belt.Yes it all ends with the same result but why should these who have suffered from the loss of a loved one be told what they can and can not do regarding a few trinkets which give them some comfort by some faceless people who are answering to shareholders,one day it will be their turn.

Hi everyone.

Grenoside Crematorium has been taken over by another company. They have left a note at the entrance saying all grave decorations/gifts need removing asap or anything left will be scrapped.

The last time I attended this crem I was moved by all the grave/plot decorations - particuarly one where a bottle of beer had been left on one plot.

How can they call themselves 'Dignity' when they are prepared to do this ?

dignity eh a bit of a misnomer there.

got to say Michael fogg does a nice funeral and has a nice personal touch.

seems a bit despicable making people remove the decorations from the grounds like dignity want to do.

The last time I attended this crem I was moved by all the grave/plot decorations - particuarly one where a bottle of beer had been left on one plot.

How can they call themselves 'Dignity' when they are prepared to do this ?

Same...it is so moving to see the little tributes, it gives these loved ones a face and tells a story, why the hell is it hurting anyone else, there is nothing dangerous there :(

Take your trinkets home, put them on your own shrine/quiet area.

The grave is just a body, the soul of your loved one will come to you wherever you are.

Take your trinkets home, put them on your own shrine/quiet area.

The grave is just a body, the soul of your loved one will come to you wherever you are.

That's just not helpful mate.

I'm sorry you don't find this helpful, it'll work for some - but not for all

I have several relatives buried there, but my Grandad is the one I think about the most...