Rhodes - is he really needed ?

I know hes got a big price tag and I'm not sure if swfc have to buy him or can say they don't want him now -anyone know??

Nuhiu will go I think end of season but that leaves still some good forwards - perhaps missing someone with fast pace I think still .

I know hes got a big price tag and I'm not sure if swfc have to buy him or can say they don't want him now -anyone know??

Nuhiu will go I think end of season but that leaves still some good forwards - perhaps missing someone with fast pace I think still .

if I understand the rules, a loan is a loan which in both club's case is an option to buy (not all the time) or return to loaner club later. Thus Jordan Rhodes is a registered player with and an employee of Middlesbrough FC and has not been transferred to SWFC, or have I missed something ?

Edited by stpetre
add

Always thought Hooper was as good but Rhodes coming could give all our strikers a jolt........well most.

if I understand the rules, a loan is a loan which in both club's case is an option to buy (not all the time) or return to loaner club later. Thus Jordan Rhodes is a registered player with and an employee of Middlesbrough FC and has not been transferred to SWFC, or have I missed something ?

An agreement was made to sign him in full at the end of the season due to Boro not getting the paperwork done in time on deadline day. We do need him he is quality just needs to get the supply and the goals will come. Win the play-off final 1-0 JR scores and whats 10 million.:hihi:

He was 'not very good' yesterday. One good tackle during the Alamo and that was it. Never threatened. Not impressed at all....................... yet.

Is he the next David Hirst

Or

The next Gordon Watson?

The way things are going he could be the next Nigel Jemson

But the thing is this, the way to increase your goal tally for the season is to put the ball in the back of the net

If he puts the ball in the back of the net 25 times next season then he will be a 25 goals per season man

I think he could still be the next David Hirst

But when he plays he needs to focus on putting the ball in the net, putting the ball into the net is the key to being a good striker

I know this because I did my FA beginners coaching badge a few years ago

I said originally it was a gamble and at the moment i still dont see it as a won gamble, we had plenty of strikers and they do score when given the chance and options.

8-10 million is rather a lot to give the others a "jolt"?

He's a great player - so yes he is needed.

Play with players who give service, he will get goals. As will our other forwards

He's a great player - so yes he is needed.

Play with players who give service, he will get goals. As will our other forwards

how come the last couple of games the "other" strikers have had service, but he hasnt? Oo

how come the last couple of games the "other" strikers have had service, but he hasnt? Oo

The Fletcher header at Rotherham was basically the first cross since Rhodes scored from the superb Hunt cross against Birmingham.

The ball from Wallace for the first goal yesterday is class. Hopefully the service will now start

I stand by what I say and Rhodes will be a huge player for us

An agreement was made to sign him in full at the end of the season due to Boro not getting the paperwork done in time on deadline day. We do need him he is quality just needs to get the supply and the goals will come. Win the play-off final 1-0 JR scores and whats 10 million.:hihi:

I'm not sure about the paperwork line. More like getting the fee into next season's accounts. But yes, he will be signed. No question of him being sent back or Middlesbrough wanting him back.

His record speaks for itself. He'll be a big player for us next season in the championship if that's where we are.

how many games has Rhodes played in?

and how many goals has he scored?