OCR software that came with Epson SX115

I bough the SX115 many moons ago. Its installation disc also contained ABBYY FineReader 6.0 OCR software. Once installed, the OCR programme is supposed to work with other models or makes of printer. My problem is when I open it there is no way to alter the setting for which type of printer I want to use it with. It looks like this version was only meant to work with the SX115 and it did this well. But the SX115 is now broken. Since I also have a HP C5280 printer it would useful if I could make FineReader 6.0 drive it. Until now I've been using FineReader 14 free trial to do the job, which it did well but the trial period has expired and I want to use FR6.0 or FR 9, both of which I have but neither of which will do what I want. When I asked ABBYY this question their reply was to use Finereader 14 instead but the price of it is too much for me (£82) and their reply didn't really answer my question. If I buy a new printer how can I be sure that FineReaders 6 and 9 will work with it? My OS is Windows 7 and my Word program is Abiword. I also tried Open Office but only FineReader14 could export the OCR scan to it. Can I get round these problem somehow or will I have to buy FineReader 14 and a new printer and chance them not working together? Sorry this is a multi faceted question but I have a multi faceted problem.

Edited by woolyhead