Buchanan drive voted most anti social in country

Read reports that Buchanan drive has been voted the most anti social in the country ,personally I think this is wrong ,what's other people's thoughts on this ?

Who says it is? What vote was this?

police data obtained by software company Hopewiser found Buchanan Drive in Parson Cross and the immediate surrounding streets saw 143 crimes reported from July to December last year - the fourth highest in England and Wales

From http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-community-hits-back-over-one-of-country-s-most-anti-social-estates-label-1-8463159

143 incidents were reported on or near Buchanan Drive. 93% of all recorded crime was due to anti-social behaviour, with 133 incidents reported. Discarding the huge number of anti-social behaviour, the street only experienced 10 other incidents across every other type of crime.

From the Hopewiser website...

https://www.hopewiser.com/blog/uks-most-crime-ridden-city-streets

Edited by nikki-red

Read reports that Buchanan drive has been voted the most anti social in the country ,personally I think this is wrong ,what's other people's thoughts on this ?

Not shocked; not shocked at all.

I'd be surprised if more areas of Sheffield aren't on the list!

People will read that and instantly think its the residents who are anti-social, when i reality it could just be a target area for burglars or a congregation location for chavs who don't even live there.

Why are the Police giving data to a private software company ?

They're not. It's freely available info from the police website.

You can download it yourself if you want to....from here... the link in the article

https://data.police.uk/data/

People will read that and instantly think its the residents who are anti-social, when i reality it could just be a target area for burglars or a congregation location for chavs who don't even live there.

I think you're right.

It's right by Asda, an off-licence, several take-aways and the local bookies.

Sounds like a perfect place for the local pond-life to congregate.

I think you're right.

It's right by Asda, an off-licence, several take-aways and the local bookies.

Sounds like a perfect place for the local pond-life to congregate.

Parson Cross is one of the poorest areas in Europe.)

That doesn't make the majority of people living there 'pond-life.' It means they need more help and investment than most.

Poverty is not pretty, and comes with costs for the rest of society, another reason why real help is a necessity. What they get is the occasional sticking plaster.

What it mentions in the article is there is a lack of things for teenagers/young people. I'm not sure about this but I can say there are a lack of things for younger children. My nearest park is Colley, except that it isn't a park as all the childrens play equipment was taken away by the council - budget cuts according to them when I asked. There was an early years centre near me that ran baby/toddler groups which was shut down due to budget cuts.

There are new houses being built in Parson Cross along with some new shops such as the Farmfoods. Would be nice to see some more investment in facilities for children. Although I do believe that is to be a new sports centre near the Gleeson development on the old college site. There is a section fenced off for it but not sure when it will be built.

To be clear then, there was no vote, it was rated, not voted.