Pedestrian accident Hillsborough nr Costa Coffee 21/03/2017

There is a pedestrian and bus currently blocking the road near the Costa at Hillsborough. Pedestrian is at the edge of the middle part of the crossing, sat up at least.

Best to avoid that area if you can.

Completely gridlocked 20 mins ago, had to get a cab to town. Trams running ok in town thank goodness. Hope no one badly hurt.

Also been told M1 at Tankersley closed as someone on bridge going to jump, that was about 1 hour ago so not sure if still closed

---------- Post added 21-03-2017 at 17:03 ----------

Also been told M1 at Tankersley closed as someone on bridge going to jump, not sure if still closed.

When I went past about 3pm I was told that someone had been hit by a bus. Had to walk to work as tram and buses stopped. They need to do something about that stretch of road it's deadly:(

Also been told M1 at Tankersley closed as someone on bridge going to jump, that was about 1 hour ago so not sure if still closed

Traffic looks fine on Google

I came through at 1620 and it was clear.

When I went past about 3pm I was told that someone had been hit by a bus. Had to walk to work as tram and buses stopped. They need to do something about that stretch of road it's deadly:(

Yes it's getting to be an accident blackspot.

Council have allocated funds to make amendments to the road and traffic flow there.

Council have allocated funds to make amendments to the road and traffic flow there.

Is there going to be any consultation on this? The bus gate really needs to be all day like it was originally. As soon as it opens to all traffic at 11am then everything grinds to a halt. Buses and trams never really recover and the knock on delays on the trams continue into the evening. It causes chaos for commuters.

Is there going to be any consultation on this? The bus gate really needs to be all day like it was originally. As soon as it opens to all traffic at 11am then everything grinds to a halt. Buses and trams never really recover and the knock on delays on the trams continue into the evening. It causes chaos for commuters.

I think it's more to do with people sauntering into roads oblivious to moving vehicles, as been mentioned numerous times on the forum.

I think it's more to do with people sauntering into roads oblivious to moving vehicles, as been mentioned numerous times on the forum.

Yes - also - pedestrian crossings around this area stay on red man for so long that people just take chances...

If you're going to walk out in the road when the traffic is moving then its your own fault. Its like playing a game of chicken.

Nothing wrong with the bus gate opening at 11am for all traffic. Even I the middle of rush hour it doesn't take long to drive through and rest of the day is easy.

Edited by jensen1378