Link road : Stocksbridge bypass -Fox Valley-Stocksbridge town centre

The recent link road, between the Stocksbridge by-pass, via the new Fox Valley shopping centre, into Stocksbridge town center is, I find, proving to be extremely useful. It cuts out either needing to travel via the tricky Deepcar junction, or having to go a further 1.5 miles to the end of the by-pass and then back along Manchester Road. Don't shop much in the new 'mall', but the short-cut is great!

Yep, I use it on the way back from the gym, to avoid the Deepcar junction. Much better.

It is great, because there's very rarely a tailback at the Deepcar junction anymore at busy times.

Technically the road was always there, general public were not allowed access.

Use it quite a bit myself but the number of people who don't indicated turning left both down from the bypass or either out of the fox valley shopping centre is unbelievable .

The busier it gets the more idiots I encounter who just dont know how to drive ��

And don't get me started on the pedestrians blindly walking through and around the development ... surprised there hasn't been an accident yet !

Edited by leuven
Spelling

I find the drivers in the right hand lane on the bypass - carrying on past the left hand turn into Fox Valley, cut you up quite badly if your in the left hand lane to turn left, there isn't much width between the junction and the roundabout itself, for them to stay over on the right hand side.

Where is this road? I've always gone via Deepcar on Manchester Road

I find the drivers in the right hand lane on the bypass - carrying on past the left hand turn into Fox Valley, cut you up quite badly if your in the left hand lane to turn left, there isn't much width between the junction and the roundabout itself, for them to stay over on the right hand side.

I've seen that as well.

People have previously complained that the roundabout was not large enough and got the brush off by the Highways agency.

They might change their mind when someone gets squashed under a lorry.

I use this road daily and this is very true. If there is a lorry going straight ahead, you have no choice but to hang back as there is not enough room for both of you.