Should diesel vehicles be banned from the city centre?

Which are the inner ring road car parks that are £2 per day?

Have a look at this page on the Council website, where there is a list of car parks and charges: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/parking/car-parks

They are:

• Willey Street
  • Stanley Street
  • Ebeneezer St
  • Wicker Lane
  • Trinity St

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 07:34 ----------

I didn't know about the Wellington Street car park prices, which brings me on to another issue if Sheffield has all this what appears to be competitively priced parking - Why doesn't Sheffield Council use some BID Money and advertise it???

Then they may get more visitors like me in to Sheffield a lot more regularly!!

It's up to the BID how they spend their money. The Council can't dictate to them. The Council are partners in it, they don't run it.

The info on Council parking charges is already available via the Council website and the private sector stuff can be found on operator websites and general parking websites like Parkopedia: http://en.parkopedia.com/

---------- Post added 19-04-2017 at 07:43 ----------

Why is this so cheap and Q park so expensive?

The NCP is an older car park, a bit tucked away and has a lot of roadworks / diversions going on around it. It has not been that well used. It has Council and other private sector car parks close by which are reasonably priced. Looks like NCP are trying to undercut the competition in that location. NCP have other car parks in Sheffield in which they charge a lot more or have different offers.

The Q Park is very central and brand new with all the latest facilities. You would expect them to charge the most.

It's up to the operators how much they charge. They would all like to charge a lot more than they are doing now, but there isn't enough custom to support higher prices..

Edited by Planner1

The whole 'drive for diesel' was done by the EU because it's what the big European car manufacturers (Audi, BMW, Merc, Citron, Renault etc.) were ahead on, whilst the Americans (Ford, Vauxhaul) concentrated on petrol. It was a protectionist stitch up. The environmental evidence that diesels were bad has been there for decades.

The whole 'drive for diesel' was done by the EU because it's what the big European car manufacturers (Audi, BMW, Merc, Citron, Renault etc.) were ahead on, whilst the Americans (Ford, Vauxhaul) concentrated on petrol. It was a protectionist stitch up. The environmental evidence that diesels were bad has been there for decades.

Bingo!

Want to see another example of protectionism in action? US airline industry using Trump to stifle competition from Middle Eastern carriers by introducing new "security" measures that only apply to airlines like Qatar Airways, Etihad, Emirates etc.

Of course there's allot of red faces within the US airline industry right now following a very public [own goal]

Would like to know where lots of taxis in Sheffield get them tested!

Keep following taxis with black smoke pouring out of the exhaust that surely would never pass an emissions test..........some funny business going on!

Easy.. they're called 'pass for cash' garages.

Easy.. they're called 'pass for cash' garages.
.......so drivers and garages involved with criminal activity then?

.......so drivers and garages involved with criminal activity then?

Absolutely, it's big business. How on earth do you monitor what happens within the private confines of 20,000 MOT garages?

That's why you get stories like [this] and [this]

I`ve got a diesel, so its a no from me.

Not too bothered re air pollution, think it`s just a cash making exercise.

Keep following taxis with black smoke pouring out of the exhaust that surely would never pass an emissions test..........some funny business going on!

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I followed a smoking black cab yesterday.

The police have the power to pull them over for emissions. I wish they would use it.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 15:33 ----------

I`ve got a diesel, so its a no from me.

Not too bothered re air pollution, think it`s just a cash making exercise.

Don't you breathe?

Have you ever followed one of those huge old green school buses? Although from the back they're hard to define through the black smoke.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I followed a smoking black cab yesterday.

The police have the power to pull them over for emissions. I wish they would use it.

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 15:33 ----------

Don't you breathe?

Lungs work, it's the brain you need to check!