Pub at bottom of St. Mary Road

Does anyone remember a pub at the bottom end of St.Mary Rd? It was on a corner, down from Royal Standard on the other side. I seem to remember that it's name had military connotations. please can anyone confirm the pub name? I remember the pub from the 1960s when I was at Granville College

Does anyone remember a pub at the bottom end of St.Mary Rd? It was on a corner, down from Royal Standard on the other side. I seem to remember that it's name had military connotations. please can anyone confirm the pub name? I remember the pub from the 1960s when I was at Granville College

Strangely enough I've asked this question on here some time ago. The single story pub on the roundabout near to the Royal Standard and Truro. According to the replies I received it was The Montgomery.

I couldn't find any photos on picture Sheffield though.

Couldn't remember the name of the pub but the pinball was a Williams Apollo

Edited by Odd-jobs

It was the Montgomery and it was a one story building as the top was blown off by a bomb during the Blitz.

Strangely enough I've asked this question on here some time ago. The single story pub on the roundabout near to the Royal Standard and Truro. According to the replies I received it was The Montgomery.

I couldn't find any photos on picture Sheffield though.

Couldn't remember the name of the pub but the pinball was a Williams Apollo

I seem to remember that the Truro was on the corner opposite The Royal Standard and the Montgomery was on the next corner on the same side of the road

I seem to remember that the Truro was on the corner opposite The Royal Standard and the Montgomery was on the next corner on the same side of the road

Was there once a driving school near there, Jack Clare perhaps ?

Lol, those were the days. a pub on every corner.

the Truro was across from the Standard

There is a photo on picture sheffield look for montgomery hotel

Interesting tow truck, looks American.