The Sun Newspaper

The sun knew though. They printed an article a couple of years ago stating how Barclay has the choice on whether he plays for England or Nigeria. Just heard it on 5live.

well that's fair enough . thanks for that :thumbsup:

As much as I hate The Sun and would love to see it disappear from the shelves, I think this is a bit of oversensitivity on Liverpool's part.

So we can't call someone a gorilla now in case they're not 100% white or have had darker skinned ancestors?

We used to regard nightclub bouncers as "no-necked gorillas" because of their behaviour and mannerisms, regardless of their race.

There was even one in a Disney film - Bongo the Gorilla in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Edited by alchresearch

As much as I hate The Sun and would love to see it disappear from the shelves, I think this is a bit of oversensitivity on Liverpool's part.

So we can't call someone a gorilla now in case they're not 100% white or have had darker skinned ancestors?

We used to regard nightclub bouncers as "no-necked gorillas" because of their behaviour and mannerisms, regardless of their race.

There was even one in a Disney film - Bongo the Gorilla in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I dare say someone will be along soon to call you an apologist or 'victim' blaming.

I am in no way a football fan and when I saw the news item I thought that they had the wrong footballer in the photo.

I could not tell that he was from Nigeria or even mix race.

As someone has mentioned, how far back in our parentage do we stop becoming mix race?

If it wasn't for this column,I wouldn't have known that he was a footballer in Liverpool.or that only drug dealers can earn 60,000 in Liverpool,come to think about it,it seems like a column all about Liverpool,for some reason.