Most reliable taxi firm?

city taxis are very big and reliable,there the one I would use.

Uber. Cheaper and better than all of them.

City need to get there act together. No problem getting picked up early on but trying get home with them is pot luck. 2nd time In recently ordered though the App to get home, it says it's arrived and then they just take anyone who flags them down. took us 3 attempts last night to get one. The 2nd one we even saw passing us though the lights with some over people in it. and as we tried to grab the drivers attention he just stuck his fingers up at us.

it worries me the fact you can link your debit card to city's app now as well. It's a big risk with them doing that.

I also use Uber as well and they have always been professional and I feel I can trust them as my card is linked to my account.

I agree with you on this , that is why I stopped using them.

I now use Apollo mostly ex Mercury drivers and not too expensive, friendly and reliable.

I'd stay well clear of Uber they rip you off.

Uber are very clear up front about what they expect you to pay. If they have a "price surge" then it can be pricey but you are warned, certainly on the app, never used the website.