Broadband connection issues

Has anyone had any problems with broadband (talk talk) over the last two days with the internet connection turning off & on all day or is it just my box?!?

Im at batemoor s8 of sheffield

Yes, it's been happening for a while but has been especially bad this week. I've been away for a couple of days and switched the router off. It seems to be ok so far today, but I'll see when it hits peak time tonight. That's when it usually keeps dropping off every 20 minutes of so.

I tried to use the live chat on their website to see if they could fix it as i had no internet connection, using my 4G on my phone. But then my broadband came back on, my phone connected and then the broadband dropped and i lost the live chat!

Luckily my contract is up in June and I'll be leaving for Plusnet.

TalkTalk are a waste of space.

I'm in S8,too. Near the Dale, and supposedly only 0.8 miles from the exchange so I should be having no problems.

---------- Post added 14-04-2017 at 17:44 ----------

.... It's already started dropping out, randomly.

Been dropping here in s8 for the last year or so, more so when we changed to fibre

Is that just talk talk or other ISP's as well? I used to be on tesco broadband & never had a problem until just after the new year. I'll definitely be ditching talk talk, i know that.

I think we are forgetting who is the main problem with Broadband continuity/connectivity:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/19/the-guardian-view-on-broadband-britain-take-internet-infrastructure-away-from-bt

Interesting item here from two days ago:

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/bt-british-telecom/news/123156-problems-at-bt

and remember plusnet uses BT as its backbone.

And if you look at issues with Plusnet two days ago:

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/bt-british-telecom/news/123156-problems-at-bt

What is interesting are the red blobs on the map - quite a few ISP's having issues in Sheffield - perhaps Sheffield is the problem! :hihi:

Edited by swarfendor43

Well, since i turned the router off & went away for two days it's been 1000x's better. It's only dropped a couple of times in the last week (for a few minutes) whereas before it was only working for a couple of minutes in a whole evening.

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 07:44 ----------

Update in this. Not had any problems at all since I turned the router off for two days when I went away for a weekend. I'll still be leaving talk talk when my deal ends cos the price will go up.