New floor opinions wanted

Which floor should I get ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which floor should I get ?

• Solid Wood
    • Parquet

Hey lads ( and gals, if any of you got past the thread title )

I have a big renovation project coming up, so I'm looking for all kinds of opinions before I go through with it. Here's the thing - I have a 40 sq. ft. floor that has to be replaced due to it getting worn out. The previous owners of the house haven't been taking a very good care of it. So I think the thing I should do is to completely dismount my existing floor and install my new one. What do you reckon I should go for ? I want something 'real', so laminate and vinyl are off the table. Do you think I'd be better off with a solid wood flooring or a parquet ?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Hello there, Cap.

Recently my wife and I finished a somewhat similar project. We opted for a parquet because we thought It'd look nicer. Turns out we weren't mistaken and it just looks splendid. We went through a lot of sites, but in the end we chose this particular parquet flooring supplier.

If you are interested, I could post some pictures later on.

Cheers, Michael.

Hey lads ( and gals, if any of you got past the thread title )

I have a big renovation project coming up, so I'm looking for all kinds of opinions before I go through with it. Here's the thing - I have a 40 sq. ft. floor that has to be replaced due to it getting worn out. The previous owners of the house haven't been taking a very good care of it. So I think the thing I should do is to completely dismount my existing floor and install my new one. What do you reckon I should go for ? I want something 'real', so laminate and vinyl are off the table. Do you think I'd be better off with a solid wood flooring or a parquet ?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

The floorboards themselves are worn out, or just the existing covering?

The floorboards look worn out and there are even some really deep scratch marks, etc. I think it's beyond the point of repair and it's already arrived at the destination of 'must buy new one'. Hence my question. I think the research I did is a bit inssuficient for such an important project, so I'd like to get a few more opinions here and there.