Virgin Media Broadband speed upgrade.

Just did another one, while streaming...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5510652036

You shouldn't have speed drops that drastic Joker - VM are not affected by contention as much as or in the same way as DSL connections are...

if you're having issues like that, i'd phone VM....

I'm near Sheffield Lane Top S5 and still showing 'almost ready' upgrade by the end of August 2016. :(

You shouldn't have speed drops that drastic Joker - VM are not affected by contention as much as or in the same way as DSL connections are...

if you're having issues like that, i'd phone VM....

Oh no, I've not experienced any speed drops recently.

In fact, comparing my results today (29down/5up) and yesterday (30down/3up), my upload speed has increased :)

That isn't at all bad for a weekday evening. Based on the complaints I've seen on here about certain ISPs' contention ratios, some people get single digit download speeds at peak times :o

---------- Post added 29-07-2016 at 20:13 ----------

Right, Virgin Media tell me the speed boost to 70Mbps is ready :clap:

My speed test says:

30Mb down, 5Mb up . . . so no improvement :|

I'll test again later, at a quieter time ;)

Edited by The Joker

I phoned Virgin media yesterday and they upped my speed to 75mb and he told me that their starting speed for new customers,later this year would be 100mb.We will see.

might want to upgrade there rubbish routers at same time

Mine is reporting 98 down and 6 up. When I've done speed tests previously the first one is often 50 or 60, run it again and its up in the 90's. Anyone else have that? Also Netflix was buffering loads load night, not sure why.

I'm on Virgin fibre.

Also some devices won't connect to my router even though the password is correct. My Kindle used to connect fine, now it refuses to connect. I have to teatehr my phone to get books onto it!

I have a server setup at my friends house on Virgin that does speed tests every six hours to see how reliable it is, its all over the place.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2848/33759925286_6c634835c5_o.png

Bearing in mind, they are pretty light users despite being on 150Mbit as he only got it for the higher upload for when he does Skype video calls.