Fibre optic broadband in S2 area

Hello Nicola

Thanks for your reply, Yes we are cheaper than both Virgin and BT, if you give me your postcode i will get you the exact costs and packages available to you. You can email us direct at [email protected]

Thanks

Dan

here. And I believe many people were interested too

here. And I believe many people were interested too

That depends on what you currently have though doesnt it! Virgin's most expensive Home Broadband is £41 a month, and if you are talking business its in the hundreds a month.

Anyway you have some of my prices now, as i have said we dont deal with residential customers currently as my prices are tailored around businesses.

Seriously? Even if you have memory problems, you couldn't look back over your own posts?

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 23:21 ----------

Also, that is extremely expensive even for business.

Alright, i missed the one i put! its not a crime!

Depends on the size of the business you deal with, Our Lowest price for ADSL Broadband is Line Rental + £7.99 a month.

Alright, i missed the one i put! its not a crime!

Depends on the size of the business you deal with, Our Lowest price for ADSL Broadband is Line Rental + £7.99 a month.

Which is still quite expensive.

Mine costs £2.50 a month unlimited and line rental up front for 1 year is £11 including weekend calls and all on a 1 year contract.

In What post have i ever stated we are cheaper than BT and Virgin Media?

Hello Nicola

Thanks for your reply, Yes we are cheaper than both Virgin and BT, if you give me your postcode i will get you the exact costs and packages available to you. You can email us direct at [email protected]

Thanks

Dan

I have highlighted the section where you stated you were cheaper, so forgive me for not having much faith in a business that can't get it's own facts straight.

My suggestion is to hold off on posting on here until you have a proper website working, with residential customer offers, postcode checker etc. and let your offers speak for theirselves.

There are many people on here who have burnt by Origin Broadband and I assure you that will not happen again.

If you're connected to the Sheffield Exchange, as I am, then at present you have no hope of getting a FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) connection as the Sheffield exchange is yet to be upgraded.

Work is ongoing with this however, so please register your interest here; http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk/

You may be lucky and live in a Virgin Media area, so you might be able to get something from them. I would suggest looking at SamKnows to find out whats available to you; https://www.samknows.com/broadband/

Openreach has updated slightly for our premises off Effingham road - now saying "in scope"

Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. When you are able to place orders you will see the Accepting Orders message. In some instances our FTTP plans change. If this happens you will move though the journey stages normally.

If you'd like to know when you can order fibre, register your details.

FTTP will be mega fast...no idea how long this will now take though...

Another update , did the openreach checker again start of March and YES - we were now able to place an order for FTTP.

Have already been visited by BT for an inspection and installation should follow in a couple of weeks.

Kept quiet for a while as didn't want them deluged with orders ! Sorry...

Gone for 76 Mbps level for not much more than we already pay per month for snail pace ADSL (could have gone up to 300! but was an extra £ 150 pm so not really worth it for us).

FTTP so can always turn up the speed later.

So you've got an engineer install for FTTP, but going for max speed FTTC installation? Surprised they haven't just put you on a FTTC path right now, as it's easier for their installers to not have to attend your place - and they can outsource those installs to 3rd parties such as Kelly's Communications

Depends where in S2, my building has FTTP (or is it FTTB?, Anyways it's HyperOptic) so currently on a 100mbps up and down for £28/m including phone. They do 1Gbps up and down for £48/month.

So you've got an engineer install for FTTP, but going for max speed FTTC installation? Surprised they haven't just put you on a FTTC path right now, as it's easier for their installers to not have to attend your place - and they can outsource those installs to 3rd parties such as Kelly's Communications

FTTC not an option ... not sure why they are going down this route.

I am not complaining !

Another update.

Finally got connected last week...been a 5 month saga dealing with BT (and openreach).

Mismatched address on the OR system led to a cancelled and then re-instated order .

But now works fine - fibre right into the office so should be easy to keep turning speed up if we need to.

Currently getting 70 down and 20 up.

If I did it again - I would use another provider - Zen were helpful when I called them for advice...