England cricket team

I don't think Roots the answer.

Depends what the question is. If the question is "who can bowl the Indians out on a flat, slow turner" root is indeed not he answer. English cricket has no answers. If the question is "Who do we want captaining the England test team before the next series" root is very probably the answer.

Well our wonderful cricket team have surpassed themselves overnight playing New Zealand in the 1st Test. 58 All Out in 20.4 overs! Had Craig Overton not scored 33 not out, it could have been even worse, if that is possible. They were 27 for 9 at one stage. Team England and the ECB are a shambles, simply concentrating on the white ball game and marginalising County Cricket.:mad:

Depends what the question is. If the question is "who can bowl the Indians out on a flat, slow turner" root is indeed not he answer. English cricket has no answers. If the question is "Who do we want captaining the England test team before the next series" root is very probably the answer.

I don't think Root is the answer to captain us,its def affected his batting too.

This problem goes back a few years to when the recent tours were organised. How many two day warm up matches? Two?

It's a shambles. I hope we show a bit of fight in the second dig but suspect we'll be bundled out for under 200. I hope we get that much. I'm trying to find odds on England getting bowled for less than a ton.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 18:06 ----------

Well our wonderful cricket team have surpassed themselves overnight playing New Zealand in the 1st Test. 58 All Out in 20.4 overs! Had Craig Overton not scored 33 not out, it could have been even worse, if that is possible. They were 27 for 9 at one stage. Team England and the ECB are a shambles, simply concentrating on the white ball game and marginalising County Cricket.:mad:

To fair I'm not sure the prep is much better for the white ball game. It's just we've got better white ball players and some of them keep fresh by playing in the 20/20 leagues. If we weren't at the races in thewhite ball game bayliss would be out of a job by now.

Fair play to New Zealand, they bowled very well. Too mny of our guys seemd to lack concentration though; the ball was swinging and some of the shots they played were ambitious to say the least. When the ball is moving as late as that it's not a good idea to be trying big off drives.

All out for 58 in 20.4 overs bowled by two bowlers,the batsmen barely got foreward and seemed to want to play from the crease,southee and bolt just obliged by bowling it across them,suicide,shame TRJ isnt fit,hed have enjoyed himself out there.NZ might as well declare this morning and just put us out of our misery.

Watched this afternoons play in capetown untill my link broke down at 3pm.saw the Camy Bancroft thing unfold,couldnt quite make out what it was at first,small yellow object,turned out to be tape and a few of the side had gone along with it,not looking good for some of those blokes,and after all the hysteria in the previous series in Oz where SA used a sweet on the ball,mighty hypocritical from the aussies.Its been a good watch,highly competative,with needle allover the place,highly charged out there,great to see.

Well, hardly unexpected. England have lost by an innings and 49 runs. Cook's days must surely be numbered if he carries on like this.

Well, hardly unexpected. England have lost by an innings and 49 runs. Cook's days must surely be numbered if he carries on like this.

We scored a lot more than I thought we would in that second innings. I'm not sure Cooks days are numbered in the eyes of the selectors - the openers cupboard is completely bare, and he's still got runs and good will in there - but he's starting to have the look of someone who would rather be somewhere else.

Flying round the globe to get beat time after time after time after what he's achieved in the game must get wearing.

Oops. Oh dear. England have just lost against Scotland in a 50 overs one day international.

Oops. Oh dear. England have just lost against Scotland in a 50 overs one day international.

Let's hope Iceland don't take up cricket.

Or Scotland take up football.

It wasn't our strongest line up and it was pretty close and we didn't collapse in a heap for 180. Couple of daft run ours, too short bowling (again!) but I'm not pushing the panic button.

England are ranked No.1 in ODI ratings and should have beaten Scotland easily on paper. However, we played on grass and got beaten. One swallow does not a summer make, but I have a feeling winter is rapidly approaching for the England team.