Burgoyne Road school

I have searched in vain on friends reunited for people who went to Burgoyne rd school in the 1950s but unfortunately there appears to be no trace of such school. My wife (nee Jose Loy )was taught there and left in 1959. does anyone have any info or names of pupils from that era please.

Put your wifes name and details on friends reunited I did the same for the school I attended. It's suprising how people come out of the woodwork.

Arrodbo,

people may not recognize it as 'Burgoyne Road' school. It's officially St Mary's (C of E) and, also officially, its address is Cundy St.

I don't know what the pupils and their families called it in the '50s ?!

Hugh

While we are on Burgoyne Road. Anyone in contact wiyh Jennifer Gregory had a sister called Bridget (I think) dad had a butchers shop there.

Originally posted by HughW

Arrodbo,

...also officially, its address is Cundy St.

i was just thinking the same, as it had an entrance on each road. i never knew it as burgoyne road school, although i never went there, except to rehearse drums in 1990!

Thanks a lot for info to date, its been most useful to know that its not realy called burgoyne rd school,,ta again

I used to live on Burgoyne rd, back in the 80's and went to the school there..we lived three houses up from the school. My mate Dave, his family had a shop on there.

Hi

I always knew it as Burgoyne Rd School.I went there from1948-1954.I remember Jose and Myrna Loy.I think they also went to the Sunday School just above the school.I bet your wife remembers "Pop " Morris one of the very eccentric teachers in the senior school.

audreyf

I went to the above school from 1950-1960. its name at that time was Burgoyne Rd County Scool.

We had the following teachers Mr Morris(pop),Mrs Millhouse,Bill simmonds,

Tom Davy,Mr Plough,& Mr Cohen was the head master

Had some verry happy times!

Dave

Hi Arrodbo

My aunty June Anson (nee Young) went to that school probably about the same time. Used to live on Cross Bedford Street and then moved to the club at the top of Blake street.

I went to Burgoyne Rd School. I left in J2 in 1974. It is there on friends reunited. The earliest is 1934 a lady called Amy Wright. There are quite a few in the fifties. Glad I looked to check just found out one of my old buddies is living in america. well I never

Hi Arrodbo

I wento Burgoyne Road School and remember your wife Jose Loy very well

I lived at the top of Harworth Street at the Club June nee (Young) my newphew got it wrong when he said it was at the top of Blake Street I still live in sheffield and see people from that area quite often does Jose still live in Sheffield ?