Help needed when opening a site

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to solve this problem? When I click on a icon on my screen it opens with most of it blacked out but is okay once it opens fully. It also says error loading player on a site that I look at with a webcam. I hope I have explained what my problem is. I'm also running windows 7. Google Chrome.Thanks for any help. Alan.

I take it we are talking about two separate problems here?

With the icon problem are you saying that no matter what icon you click on the screen goes black? More info needed.

Error loading player could mean that you don't have the required plugin installed to run it. I'm guessing Flash. If so try this link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?hl=en-GB

Hello Love2print Thanks for getting back to me.the icon problem is when I click on one it opens but part is of it is blacked out but then it opens fully.The other problem is I like to look at the site of the peregrine falcons and it was ok but now it says error loading player.

I have since found if I open it with Google its ok so I think it could be yahoo that's the problem.Do you think I need to look at updating Adobe flash? I'm not good with computer stuff so you will have to excuse me if Its a daft question. Alan.

The link in my first post tells you how to update Flash: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?hl=en-GB

The other issue could be your graphics card driver, try updating it.

Click Start (it might just be a Window icon), then type Device Manager in the search box and press Enter.

Find Display Drivers and click the arrow and then a drop down should appear with the name of your graphics card.

Right click of the name of your Graphics Card.

Select Update Driver Software.

Search Automatically for new drivers.

Thank you everything seems to be working ok now.Alan.