Plusnet Price Increase

Hiya had an email that Plusnet prices are going up so i have a get out of contract free card..

Any suggestions of new ISP or stay with em, need broadband only no virgin up here either and need fibre

It's only going up by a pound but ive only just gone with em from £28 - £29 a month

Nowt wrong with PlusNet. Id stick with them personally

Information about it on the Plusnet forum here. Hadn't thought about getting out of contract as have been with PN for a very long time and have no problems. Only way to get a better deal is to shop around but make sure the new company has good customer service. A recent 'Which' survey cited Zen and Utility Warehouse as being best with BT and TalkTalk the worst

I dont think it will affect every Plusnet customer. Those who do not have a phone package and pay line rental up front will see no increase as broadband prices are not changing.

Information about it on the Plusnet forum here. Hadn't thought about getting out of contract as have been with PN for a very long time and have no problems. Only way to get a better deal is to shop around but make sure the new company has good customer service. A recent 'Which' survey cited Zen and Utility Warehouse as being best with BT and TalkTalk the worst

Well you have to look at surveys in perspective - the survey was of 1,800 individuals - how were they determined, and how many were customers of company X, company Y, company Z?

This is the customer base breakdown in the UK:

Top 10 UK ISPs By Subscriber Size

BT (PlusNet, EE) 9,276,000

Sky Broadband (UK + Ireland) 6,104,000

Virgin Media 4,916,700

TalkTalk 3,967,000

Post Office 184,261

Vodafone UK (C&W, THUS, Demon) 183,000

KCOM Group (KCOM Home) (Est.) 170,000

Ask4 (Mostly Students) 130,000

Zen Internet 105,000

XLN Telecom 75,000

Sourece: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php

And let's face it, how many people in Sheffield have access to fibre in their street? I'd have to move house to benefit unlimited from Zen and their pricing structure compared to my TT package is almost on a par with TT except I have unlimited downloads, no 20Gb cap.

I dont think it will affect every Plusnet customer. Those who do not have a phone package and pay line rental up front will see no increase as broadband prices are not changing.

From the Plusnet email:

Line Rental Saver is increasing from £185.88 to £197.88 (equivalent of £16.49 a month) and monthly line rental is increasing from £17.99 to £18.99 a month.

Your Line Rental still includes free calls to other Plusnet Home Phone customers.

The cost of your broadband isn’t changing.

Their customer service is really good, they sent me a new router (Free) to replace the old modem and router which failed and refunded me a month's rental after I complained about having to pay for a new one.

Hiya had an email that Plusnet prices are going up so i have a get out of contract free card..

It's only going up by a pound but ive only just gone with em from £28 - £29 a month

I doubt that small increase allows you to cancel a contract, small annual increases are legally allowed on most contracts.

Let's face it, all the ISP's increase their prices, so the leaders get followed but by smaller amounts. Now a package I only signed up to 6 months ago is now a 'legacy' product with TT - they then suggest saving money with one of their new packages - but then the inclusive bits on telephone get chargeable so you end up paying more - I've taken out 18 months VLR saving 15% overall. So I am sticking with TT on the package I know works out the cheapest. Good job I took that finance course all those years ago! :hihi: