Petition For SCC to End Contract With Amey

Hi All

For anyone who is interested, I have started a petition to ask for SCC to end their contract with AMEY - basically due to continually not doing what they are supposed to be doing. E.g. on my estate, we were told it would take 3 months to change the lampposts, six months later and no end is in sight. Roads being shut and residents told to move cars only for no work to take place, barriers left everywhere and I daren't even mention the whole tree-felling debacle.

Anyway, I understand not everyone will agree with this and that's fine. But if you do, then please feel free to sign and share.

https://www.change.org/p/sheffield-city-council-get-sheffield-city-council-to-end-their-contract-with-amey-plc

Aren't Amey just another part of the big PFI scam?

Yes. :rant:

Then they'll be replaced, after a long, drawn out and expensive contract negotiations (and you can bet amey will want a hefty payout) some other bunch of chancers will come in and do more or less the same. It is quite literally endless.

I've suggested it before, and I will no doubt suggest it again, but we should hold a public vote of no confidence in them.

I've suggested it before, and I will no doubt suggest it again, but we should hold a public vote of no confidence in them.

who ? Amey or the council ?:hihi:

It's enlightening that some people are seeing the light. PFI is a scam.

It would be interesting to find out how many of Amey's sub-contractors have links to Sheffield council methinks.

And why...............

I'm not originally from Sheffield so I don't know what things were like previously.

Nevertheless having lived in other UK cities I do think Sheffield's public footpaths and streets are in a poor state of health.

For example I never visit Division Street when it's been raining because the unstable floor tiles spit brown water up my leg.

Many stretches of city centre are slippery when it rains, not because of the temperature, but because the build up of grime that never gets cleaned off the surface. Litter picking is no substitute for a proper clean with a powerwash. Street sweepers were never designed to remove the build up of puke/weewee/alcohol stains (sorry it didn't let me type the P word).

It's sad in a way because the people of Sheffield deserve better. :(

Edited by Puggie

I'm not originally from Sheffield so I don't know what things were like previously.

Nevertheless having lived in other UK cities I do think Sheffield's public footpaths and streets are in a poor state of health.

For example I never visit Division Street when it's been raining because the unstable floor tiles spit brown water up my leg.

Many stretches of city centre are slippery when it rains, not because of the temperature, but because the build up of grime that never gets cleaned off the surface. Litter picking is no substitute for a proper clean with a powerwash. Street sweepers were never designed to remove the build up of puke/weewee/alcohol stains (sorry it didn't let me type the P word).

It's sad in a way because the people of Sheffield deserve better. :(

That would make a great headline!

who ? Amey or the council ?:hihi:

I meant the council, but why not both?