Coleman leg break

Not watched it yet,and probably won't.

Read it was a pretty disgraceful 'tackle' though.

If so,the F.A really do need to take very strong action.

Just a matter of time before Rojo breaks someone's leg the way goes in over the top all the time.

---------- Post added 25-03-2017 at 17:27 ----------

Edit.....I just tried to watch it. Absolute shocker!

Ban him for 6 months.

Just a matter of time before Rojo breaks someone's leg the way goes in over the top all the time.

Ban him for 6 months.

Coleman sticks up for Taylor,what a shock.

Not seen the challenge but saw consequences of the challenge and it looked horrific.

Wish him a speedy recovery

Gareth Bale so very fortunate not to break another Irish players leg in the same match. Talk about being late!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7pebgVNFyw

Wreckless and dangerous. Awful challenge.

Seen the Taylor challenge now (albeit from one angle) and it looked rash and high.

Ban him for 6 months.

Which F.A. do you mean regarding Neil Taylor's reprehensible act ? He was playing in an international fixture for Wales who are overseen by FAW (Football Association of Wales) who could and should do something about it. (or perhaps you meant FIFA)-. The (English) FA have no say in the matter even at club level as Taylor plays for Aston Villa who are in the Championship run by a separate entity, the Football League, who can't do much either. However you are right.

Edited by stpetre
add

Which F.A. do you mean regarding Neil Taylor's reprehensible act ? He was playing in an international fixture for Wales who are overseen by FAW (Football Association of Wales) who could and should do something about it. (or perhaps you meant FIFA)-. The (English) FA have no say in the matter even at club level as Taylor plays for Aston Villa who are in the Championship run by a separate entity, the Football League, who can't do much either. However you are right.[/quote

it has to be the FIFA, as it was in a World Cup qualifier where the offence occurred, but that punishment would be against Wales. The FA could also hand down a hefty suspension to Taylor in all matches he is eligible to play in, as they are the governing body of football in the UK, irrespective of which division or league he plays in.

The solution is very simple - go in over the top and it's a straight red card. No if or buts.

Won't take long for the players to get the message.

With very nearly two horrific leg breaks in the same match due to this tackling technique - it's crystal clear the potential damage this sort of tackle can inflict is severe.

I can't believe both tackles were within a minute of each other. Both terrible, Bale very lucky not to go with his. Not sure how Coleman can defend Taylors tackle, I hope he can come back from it.

Interestingly, the ref who was in charge was the same ref who was in charge when Luke shaw got his leg broke. Coincidence?

I opened the sports page of a Sunday paper yesterday and the tackle was right there; honestly, I wish they hadn't shown that photo. It was awful.

The coaching staff on both sides need to look at themselves. Keane was talking about the need to "hit" Bale early on (but fairly, he said). Talk like that gees people up unnecessarily.

I hope Coleman can come back from this.

Some of the stuff I've read about Keane if true,well the guy is nothing but a thug.

He thinks deliberately hitting someone on the sly on the football pitch is ok.

One day he just might have to meet his maker.

Most of the professional football players think it's 'cool' to wear their shin pads high up on their leg.

Usually there's a huge gap between their foot and the bottom of the pad.

It's probably the weakest,certainly the thinnest part of the leg.

Many also like to use very small shin pads.

I think it likely many who suffer broken legs get kicked in this region where's there no protection from the pad.